January 22, 2009

Making use of my free time...

I "officially" began my maternity leave yesterday (Wed). Tuesday I worked from home in order to get paid for MLK day, but wound up logging off around 1:30 cause I had nothing more to do...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I've noted on several occasions about my lack of sleep. Well it clearly has been related to work because I slept till 9:45am Wed and 10:00am on Thursday! And it's not even like I was up late the nights before. In both cases I was sound asleep by 11pm. I've taken no sleep aids (Ambien) however have been sticking to my 1 5mg Vicoden a day....I must say, the amount of pain I am in, I am considering upping my dose to 2 a day, but only have 8 left so I don't want to run out before the baby comes....don't get me wrong, I am not a junky on these things, I mean come on they are 5mgs! And my script says take one every 4 hours for pain...I am taking 1 every 24 hours...

I am taking FULL advantage of getting sleep now while I can. I know that the reality is that it will all come to a screeching halt once I have the baby.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I hate to say this but I am finding maternity leave to be a bit boring...daytime TV sucks, I have nothing more to do in the baby's room, I am not wearing 2 sets of clothes now per day (work and lounge) so laundry has decreased, T is out ice fishing as much as possible (kind of like me sleeping), I am afraid to drive anywhere too far alone, it hurts to move so cruising the malls or going for walks is out....

Yesterday my big outing was to the dental hygienist! I know you are all jealous...Today we (T and I) went curtain shopping, out for lunch, and to exchange a couple items at Kohl's. We were planning on heading over to the Circuit City sales (they are closing you know) but I started having serious pains while in Kohl's so I suggested that we head home...were they contractions? I have no F'ing clue. I think maybe they were, I had them the whole drive home approx 12-14 mins apart, but as soon as I got home they ended...Bastards!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I think I'll go attempt to finish watching "Burn after Reading"..I started it last night, but honestly 35 mins into it I lost interest and turned it off to watch Top Chef...we'll see if it get's any better...

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hi! I found your blog through 30 something bloggers! Congrats on the pregnancy!! I too, am a thirty something blogger, however, no babies yet! Am I the only one out there that doesn't have a baby yet? hehe

To A T said...

Daytime TV completely sucks... even more so if you don't have cable. It so bad here that sometimes I don't even want to stay home! LOL ...not that I stay home just for the TV ;-)

Hope those contractions start up again and get things moving!

Stephanie said...

Awe thanks for the nice words! I'm not from the east coast. I'm Cali born and raised. My friend lived out here then moved to CT about 10 years ago. ;o)

Anonymous said...

I was planning on going to Circuit City to see if there were any sales, but I've been reading that it seems they marked prices UP then claimed that they were 30% off original prices. So maybe I won't check it out...

I sleep a lot now so I can't imagine how bad it'd be if I was pregnant! Keep us updated on how things are going!

Morgan Owens said...

Burn After Reading sucked lol

Anonymous said...

YAY for maternity leave! I can understand though how boring it must feel being home all day...you would THINK it would be nice but then when I'm home sick, etc. from work it's usually like "Ok, now what?" LOL