I began my weekly appointments today....T came with me as I needed to pre-register and sign all the consent forms. I wanted to be able to ask questions and get answers with him present. I figured in the event I require an emergency C section, or forceps, or what ever...there will be no time for questions and better that we both hear the same thing at the same time.
What I didn't expect was the Strep B test...and why did no one advise me that this test is anal and vaginal? TOTALLY caught me off guard!
With each question/concern I brought up the Doctor just shook her head in agreement and said, "yes that sounds right" "Oh that is good, very good" "All normal, no need to worry" . Well glad I don't sound like a whiny little bitch I guess.
I asked her at what point I should call her when I am in labor...she said if it's in the middle of the night call me once they are 5 minutes apart and ALWAYS painful. Otherwise wait till the morning. If your water breaks, at any time, call me immediately, if you lose your mucous plug...well I really don't care, feel free to tell me that at your next appt cause it doesn't mean a darn thing.
That made me chuckle a bit.
She confirmed that she will not induce me prior to 40 weeks unless medically needed, and will wait until 41.5 weeks before discussing induction due to late delivery.
Baby is head down and weighs approx 6lbs. I gained 1 more lb, making my WG total 25lbs thus far. No complaints from me.
Next appts are weekly, each monday at 4:45pm....next week, boring just weight, BP and baby position and HR. The following week begins the internals...fun!
9 more days of work!
6 comments:
....strep butt???
I made it to the day after my "first weekly visit." My beautiful daughter was born less than 48 hours after that appointment.
I can't wait to meet the new bunny!
You pregnant girls really know how to scare someone who isn't even THINKING about getting pregnant! :)
OMG thank you SO much for being the one to tell me that test is ANAL as well. I would have jumped a mile cuz I don't think ANYONE has ever mentioned that little buggar! LOL
Oh my anally? I had no idea... That kind of freaks me out a little bit! eek!
Glad everything went well :)
Finally - a doc who isn't all fucking induction happy.
Are you going back to work? How much leave you taking?
Post a Comment