January 15, 2009

Garage door...

....I have become a spoiled rotten princess.

I never had a garage in all the years I have owned a car until we bought our house. When we shopped for the house I made it very clear that we needed at least a 1 car garage...a "Karianne car garage" to be specific.

My car barely fits in my garage (it's not a huge car, it's an accord!). The fit is really tight...(maybe if T didn't have the walls and floors lined with fishing rods, tackle bags and boat batteries I would have more room).....I digress...

So our garage door acts up occasionally. The door is old and wood and with the moist weather it swells and when it goes up it gets "stuck" and needs a little help. So sometimes you have to help it along while it is going up..no big deal. But the past week or so it won't go down! It gets about half way down and errors out and goes back up! I have cleared the path so that nothing is in the line of sight to make it go back up, but it still won't work. I finally gave up a few days ago and pulled the release cord and let it become a manual door.

Now the door needs to be manually lifted and lowered, and since I can't get behind my car to open it from the inside of the garage I have to go outside to do it (PIA)...and the door is SUPER heavy. Now mind you I am no wussy, but I am very pregnant and it does kind of hurt to lift the door so I don;t do it. The last couple of days I have parked outside in the driveway forcing myself to go out early in the morning to warm up the car (sucks).

Knowing it was going to snow last night and that the temps were going to be frigid (we are expecting below zero temps the next couple nights) I was pretty adamant about parking in the garage last night. T opened the garage before I came home so I just pulled myself in and let him close up for the night...but then there was this morning, we did get a couple of inches of snow last night and it was pretty dang cold, so at 6:30am I approached my loving husband and kissed him gently on the cheek....."Honey, baby....I need you to get up" "Honey...can you please open the garage door for me?"

So there is T, at the crack of dawn, in his bathrobe and slippers, standing in the snow, opening the garage door for me.

I bet he can not wait for this baby to be born so that I can go back to being the independent chick that I always have been....

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Oh yeah...one more thing.....only 1 more day in the office!! Woo Hoo!!!!

2 comments:

To A T said...

Yay for one more day!! :)

I would die if our garage door didn't work! I don't have a house key so on top of being all around just pissed, I would also be locked out ;-)

Anonymous said...

OMG, only one more day? That's awesome!

And I have no sympathy for you, woman. We have NO garage. Blah! LOL