January 19, 2009

Closed tight...

...that's what the Dr. said after reaching inside my girly parts...."You're closed tight"...such disappointing words, yet I do know the reality that that means a whole lot of nothing. I could easily be 8 cm by dinner time...it is all up to our little guy or gal...

I saw the "other" Dr. today. My practice has 2 Dr.'s, both female. I have only seen the "other one" once before, but the fact that she is the delivery doctor 2 out of the next 3 weeks I figured I'd better see her at least once more since the chances are higher that she'll deliver me than my Dr.

I told her that the baby had a bit of a spaz attack 2 nights ago. It was flipping all over the place, punching, kicking, just very spaz like...and not at all in character of this baby...so she was concerned that he or she flipped! Now if "my" Dr. had been there she would have just felt for the head down by my pelvis, but this Dr. turned on the U/S machine! It was exciting since T and I have not had a peek at our little one in nearly 20 weeks. So as not to spoil the surprise of gender she only focused on the area around my pelvis and right away saw our little one's head down there. We saw the eyes, ears, neck....it was cool since it had been such a long time.

Otherwise the appointment was completely uneventful. I gained no weight (actually went down 1/2lb), BP is steady around 120/80..the nurse suggested Sex...and lots of it. Too bad my insides hurt so bad ,I don't think I could even fake it enough to try to make it enjoyable for T...poor guy.

So I have a favor to ask you all....send my little one some progress vibes. Of course I don't want him or her coming out till they're good and ready...but momma is ready now so I am hopeful baby will be too.

3 comments:

To A T said...

I'm sending you tons of eviction vibes!! We all can't wait to see who that little bugger is in there!

Come out little one! Come out!!

Kim said...

Sending you a ton of labor vibes! I can't wait to find out pink or blue!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to find out what you are having! Good luck and lots of progress vibes coming your way!