January 4, 2009

Buoyancy....

......I discovered this weekend during one of my several baths, because the bath tub is the only place I am not in pain right now, that I can lay on my stomach with my head rested on my bath pillow and it feels SO GOOD!

I really miss laying on my stomach and now that I have discovered I can do this in the tub, since of course the water keeps me buoyant....I think about it all the time. I have taken 3 baths in 3 days..my oil tank is dwindling and I don't even care, because all I can think about is when will next bath be.

I did way too much today. Took down Christmas, cleaned the Sun room, dining room, kitchen and living room. Then took a short break to eat lunch (I had to remind myself-as I keep forgetting to eat lately) and then moved to the Den/office and laundry room. By the time I was done I had no energy for the bathrooms and bedrooms so I wrote them on T's to do list for this week...needless to say, my back now hurts something fierce.

I have been having major pains the past week or so, really getting much worse over the past 4-5 days. Cramping through my lower back and stomach, like menstrual cramping. Really sharp pinching, twinging, in my pelvis. MY stomach hurts to touch it from the outside, yet at the same time it is almost numb. My RLS is getting worse by the day and I don't want to rely on Vicodin for the next 25 (or so) days to get me through it. I am peeing literally every 15-30 mins. And I can't reduce my fluid intake because I am SO frigin thirsty. I feel constantly dehydrated.

Pregnancy would really be much more enjoyable if it were 7.5-8.0 months long instead of 9.5-10 months.....

I am 36 weeks today. Technically that means I have finished my 8th month of pregnancy and am entering my 9th (you are generally pregnant for a FULL 9 months-often leading into the 10th month). So if people ask me how far I am I can say....8 Months OR (the one I like better-only because it makes me feel closer to the end) I am in my 9th month.

I have a Dr. appt tomorrow afternoon and begin my weekly appts from now on. I feel like such a whiny baby when I go in there and complain about my aches and pains, I mean-I DID sign up for this.....but I need to ask her about my legs and this RLS. It is becoming unbearable, and well I only have 3 more vicodin, so naturally I am hording them for when I "really" need them....

It's now nearly midnight and I have to go to work tomorrow (10 more days!) but can not fall asleep to save my life (even with Ambien) and well....don't have much else to say....Hope the rest of you get some sleep tonight~~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh ugh! It sounds miserable for you! I'm glad you get some relief in the tub at least...but I hope you stop hurting at least a LITTLE bit!!

nancy said...

yup - you are definately IN your 9th month, with 36w = 8.37 months. (why am i such a math nerd?) I'm a big 8.7 months being 37.428 weeks. heh. god i'm a dork. no wonder i'm a software engineer, eh?

It's funny how much we want this all and then how miserable we really get. The last 3-4 weeks are always like this. oy vey.

I have to go make my guess on your game!

Chele76 said...

glad the tub is working for you in multiple ways!!!