Let me begin with the first part of Sock it to Me....by showing you my super cute "Mary Jane" slipper socks!


Sara was my sock buddy and she chose to send me socks with grippers on the bottoms because she recently fell down some stairs while preggo....she's ok (other than a nice bruised behind) but it was a scare for her, so she was thinking of my safety! I wear a lot of these slipper socks since my house is all hard wood floors and the chance of slipping while carrting baby K is high.....So many thanks Sara!!
I sent slippers to Melissa. I found these really cool "toe socks" to send to her because she lives in a VERY COLD part of the USA. She even took a pic of her legs in them and made it her avatar (is that what it is called?) on her page.
The 2nd part of this event was to share how the blogging community has provided you with "Warm and Fuzzies" like a new pair of socks.....
I started off on the WEBMD boards when I decided wanted to get pregnant. I begin on the TTC (trying to concieve) boards and resided there for a few months..until I had a misscarriage. Then I made my way over to TTC AL (after loss)...it was on this board that I met and formed virtual friendships with so many women. Once I got pregnant again I moved over to the Pregnancy after loss boards, which is where I stayed my whole pregnancy.
The initial blogs I read I got from the TTC boards. Nancy, Amanda, Morgan....and from their blogs I found others...I had been reading Chele's blog for years and from hers found April's...and so the vicious cycle began.
With many of these women by my side I got pregnant...I lost my pregnancy.....I got pregnant again...and I had my baby... When Amanda had Noah I got to be one of the first people to know about it! When I had baby K, Kate was one of the first people I contacted! We shared infrmation with each other..information that a lot of us would not even share with our best friends. We were "in labor" with Nancy the whole time~
I think it is the safety of knowing that chances are very high you will actually never really meet these people that allows you to grow close to them.
I have exchanged gifts with several bloggers. I have sent get well cards, sympathy cards, birthday cards to some. When "regular" posters don't post for a day or two I worry about them.
These women (and a couple of guys) are my "friends". I talk about them over dinner as if we hung out that day! My husband knows all about Nancy, Kate and others! He knew when Morgan had Mason. He knew about April having to go in for testing and he was worried about her Hunter....
So how has the Blogger community made me feel warm and fuzzy....Friends...it brought me new friends...a lot of really great friends.
9 comments:
Oh this post was SO sweet! The blogging world really does open up a a whole new world of friends to us, doesn't it?? :-)
Aww I have tears! :(
You are such a wonderful blog friend as well and I know what you mean, I care about all of my blog friends as if I knew them IRL. It makes me sad I will more than likely never meet any of the. I appreciate your friendship too, and I feel so special I was discussed over you and your hubby's dinner! :)
*any of THEM
What a beautiful post. This community is pretty fabulous, isn't it?
this post totally made me smile-- my husband knows all of my blogging buds too, & will actually ask how you guys are doing if i don't mention anything for a few days. :) IRL or via blogs-- a friend is a friend, & I'm grateful for to know such amazing women!
I love your slippers! Your sock buddy did a GREAT job! I am SO in love with this community. I have NO clue what I would do without each and every one of you!
Great socks and a beautiful post.
I so want those sock slippers! Those are awesome! Ive never seen any like that where Im at.
what a cute socks,,,,,
^_^
Post a Comment