April 6, 2009

Red Red Wine.......

I am on glass #2 tonight. CLEARLY I am back to work in full swing now. Today was day 1 of week 3 back...and it sucked as much as the last day before my maternity leave!

My job is becoming more and more stressful. The stress I can handle, it is the uncertainty of what to expect each day that gets to me. My staff is working 7 days a week. They are burnt out. I can't even comp them time off cause they have so much damn work that if they take a day off they'll screw themselves. It's all bullshit.

So I have made a decision.....I am looking for a new job. My management does not appreciate how hard I work. And for as much as I worked my ass off last year (PREGNANT THE ENTIRE TIME) I had the worse review of my entire 13 years there. My boss has NO CLUE what I do, she has never taken the initiative to try to learn what I do. As much as I would hate to leave the people I work with, the people that work for me.... I need to go somewhere that will appreciate how much pride I take in what I do..so resume and cover letters went out to several places tonight. We'll see what comes of it.

Onto happier things....I have mentioned before that I have an entire team of QA individuals in India...I received the most beautiful outfits today from one of the girls for Baby K...They are so nice. A really pretty cotton sundress that she'll be able to wear this summer. It has a hand painted design on the front. And a simply extravagant Silk top and skirt with more hand painted designs that is more 12 Month size. Such beautiful craftsmanship. The materials in India are awesome!

I told her (the girl who sent them) that T and I would dress in our Indian Dress (T has a Kurtha (sp?) and I have loads of Indian tops and then dress baby K in hers and take a family photo....my team in India would really love that.

5 comments:

Melis.sa said...

I'm sorry about work. That has to be frustrating!! I hope you hear back from all of the places that you sent your resume!

moosh said...

Okay, a happy hour is definitely in order. Everyone is at their breaking point.

Anonymous said...

That is a sweet present!!
SO sorry about the work stress. :-( Good luck on the job-hunt!!

the cubicle's backporch said...

That was really nice of your friends in India to send you a present!!

Life's too short to have a crappy situation at work. Of course since I'm still job hunting, I'm probably not the one to be giving advice!

Anonymous said...

That's so awesome and sweet!

I agree with Moosh, we need happy hour!

And, I can't make any promises, but if you want to send me your resume and cover letter, I'll get it in front of the folks here.