March 19, 2009

A doozy...

I had am embarrassing moment yesterday....
It was another beautiful day here in NE. Around 60 with a light breeze. Since this is my last week home I have been doing as much as I can with Kira, spending each day..all day...with her. Yesterday was no exception.
I packed her up and off we went to the outlet malls. They both are "open air" malls so you walk outdoors to get to each store. And since it was a great day I figured it was a great place to take the stroller...and my credit card :)

Anyway...I was in one of the kids stores...Carters, Gymboree, Children's place..I can't remember. But there was the cutest little baby boy, dressed in a nice warm BROWN sweater and GREEN pants, in the stroller next to me. He was a few months older than Kira and had a shiny bald head and a HUGE smile. I started talking to him.....

"Hi there handsome! You are a big flirt aren't you? Are you looking for a girlfriend? I have one over here. You like younger ladies right?"

That is when his mother sternly looked at me and said "She is a Girl!" Talk about embarrassing!

Now mind you..my daughter TOTALLY looks like a boy too...when she is dressed like one! But when heading into public I ALWAYS make sure she has on a "girly" outfit or color, otherwise I completely expect people to mistake her for a him.

Example....

Kira as a boy...
Kira as a girl....

5 comments:

Kim said...

LMAO!! Well umm if you dress your DD to look like a boy what do you expect. LMAO that is kinda funny, and totally not your fault.

Yeah I have a few outfits that DH says C looks like a girl in them, I totally have not put him back in them.

Anonymous said...

LOL you poor thing. I never take the chance and always just say "What a cute baby!" LOL

Chele76 said...

omg that is awesome. Well, not awesome, but certainly funny.

We all know that boy babies and girl babies look SO alike at those young phases. I think it's very smart that you are proactive and make sure Kira is girly before going in public. I think those other parents take that risk in their own hands by dressing kids in opposeite-sex or gender neutral outfits.

See? I spun that to make it all her fault. lol :)

Looking forward to seeing you on Monday!!!!

Morgan Owens said...

I agree with April, I dont chance it either!! LOL you poor thing!

Melis.sa said...

LMAO!! Even when i dressed my daughter in only pink and purple people would still say what an adorable boy she was! :)