It was a BEAUTIFUL day here today. I would say nearly 65 degrees. All the snow is melted, you can see the brown grass again. Hopefully this is the beginning of the nice weather coming our way...but maybe not.
Any who..I decided to try the "walk" again with Kira. This time I used the baby carrier rather than the stroller. We walked for about 2 hours (approx 4 miles total), from my house to the town beach, played on the swings, watched the ducks, watched T fish for a while and then walked back..jpg)
.jpg)
She slept the whole time. I made sure her skin was all covered. Put a little knit hat on her to keep her warm, really thought I had it all covered...until about an hour or two after we got home and then I saw it....the right side of her precious little face is sun burned! The way she slept in the carrier her face was partially exposed and the sun got her.
It really isn't "hot" to the touch, but it is more red than I would like and she clearly has a sun line where her hat was.
Since waking up she has been MISERABLE! Screaming for hours on end. We finally put her in the truck and drove around for a while to get her to sleep. Do you think she is screaming because her face hurts?
I feel like such a bad Mother.....
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
In other news, Kira is 1 month old today!
.jpg)
4 comments:
Things happen. Your not a bad mommy!
It is winter, we forget sunscreen. I would not have thought about sunscreen in March! Don't beat yourself up over it, it happens.
We can't learn unless we make the mistake to begin with.
Hard to think Kira is a month old already!
You're not a bad mommy...it was an accident!
1 month old?!? Holy moly!
Oh my goodness, one month old ALREADY!?!?
And no, silly, you are NOT a bad Mommy!!
I got your birth announcement today. Thank you so much for sending it to me!!! I can't believe she's a whole month already!!
Post a Comment