I go to the OB tomorrow morning at 9:15 (WTH was I thinking?) for my 6 week postpartum appt. I do not expect any surprises while I am there, just her checking out my incisions to validate that they healed well, ask me about my health during the past 6 weeks, check my weight, and of course oooh and ahhh over Kira.
I would normally get my birth control taken care of at this appt too however I gave in and had sex with T last week...twice (it was my birthday after all!). And since I am not on birth control right now (I get an IUD) we had to use condoms. Now let me tell you I am allergic to latex, so that means we had to use lambskin condoms (the thought of lamb intestines in me is gross!)...well the condom came off!
For christ sake the Fing condom came off! I swear to god I had better not get pregnant from one slip up. But because of this (not so) little mishap I will need to wait until I get my period now before I can get the IUD inserted. I have no idea if I was ovulating or if I have even ovulated yet...I was tempted to go to the pharmacy to get the Plan B pill "just in case", but I couldn't bring myself to do it.
So now the question is When the hell am I gonna get it? I am not breast feeding, so I had really hoped to have had it by now..but nope. Not even a sign of it. Although I am noticing a bit of acne the past 2 days..maybe good old Aunt Flow is on her way.
I will discuss with Dr.B tomorrow and see what her thoughts are...
Also on my agenda to discuss with her is the fact that I am living off of Pepto since 2 weeks postpartum. I was taking Ratidine (150mg-2x a day) for a while, then I added Pepto to the mix. For the past 3 weeks I am just doing the pepto though. I think I have gone through 4 bottles of it....BIG bottles. I just get the worse belly aches, doubled over aches. I have had a lot of back and neck pain too. I assume those pains are because I am using muscles that never got used before because of carrying the baby around and stuff.
So needless to say I should have a pretty long appt since I am full of questions and complaints...
After my appt I am coming home and one of my child hood friends (Kelly) that I have not seen or talked to in nearly 16 years is coming over for lunch. We were the best of friends when we were kids, I actually mentioned her a couple of months back, she was in the really bad car accident that I was in as a kid. Anyway, she found me on facebook and she lives less than a mile from me!
I think I will post a separate entry all on my thoughts about facebook/myspace......
SHOUT OUTS:
- Sending good thoughts and healing vibes to Nancy she had gall bladder surgery today and wound up getting admitted to the Hospital!...
- Congratulations to Elana who gave birth to healthy TWINS on 3/17 at 35 weeks!...
- Keep Kate in your thoughts, sending her as many postive thoughts/vibes/prayers as possible. She also is preggo with TWINS and has been having some complications with PreEclampsia (sp?) and has been on bed rest for most of her pregnancy...her water broke today and she is only 33.5 weeks...hoping her boys are strong...!
- And last (but not least) a big Phewwww for April. She had quite the scare this week, but all turned out ok for her and baby Hunter.
6 comments:
THANK YOU FOR THE SOCKS!!! They totally made my day!!
lol, i think i made it 4 weeks after my daughter was born before my DH and i had sex ;)
Sorry about all of the stomach and back pain I hope your doctor can help bring some relief
Boy, isn't that a scary thought???? Getting immediately preggo after just BEING preggo? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that Aunt Flo shows up and makes her GRAND entrance to alleviate your fears!
And thank you for my shout-out, I appreciate it so much! And all your well-wishes and prayers!! :-)
Don't sweat it too much...the average woman who is not BFing wont ovulate until at least 10 weeks PP...That is just an average, but I would not worry about it. GL though!
HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!! :)
Awesome that you and Kelly reconnected! Hope you had a fabulous lunch and keeping my fingers crossed for you and good thoughts to everyone!
Wow. So what did the doctor say? I can't believe we emailed today and I somehow missed your blogpost of updates.
Didn't you go through some IF for Kira? Or are you a ~gasp~ fertile?
You know, I got pregnant with Allison the first time having unprotected sex after Ella. Having 2 kids close are fun though.
Thanks for the shoutout!
Post a Comment