I left Kira for the first time last night....left her for nearly 8 hours!
Her Granny came and stayed with her, but it was SO difficult for me to leave. I think it took me a good hour to finally walk out the door and all I thought about the whole night was getting home to see her.
T and I had a really nice time. We met a childhood friend of mine for dinner (she lives in the town where we saw the show), hung out and had a beer with her, then headed into the show at the end of the opening band. Sat around waiting for Lucinda Williams to come on (about 30 mins later) and left as the 1st encore was about the begin. The drive home was long and slow. We were in another state to begin with and the drive would normally take about an hour and 15mins, but last night it was sleeting so I had to slow down a bit. Additionally I realized that I had not driven at night in several weeks and my eyes were having a really hard time adjusting.
We finally made it home around 12:30am and of course my baby girl was fast asleep. It took all my power to not wake her up to kiss her! I went into her room and leaned over her crib so I could smell her. Lightly touched her belly and wished her sweet dreams.
When I got up with her this morning around 5am (my MIL slept over and took care of the 2am feeding!) and she saw me...I got the biggest, happiest, realest smile I have gotten yet. It melted my heart. After she ate I just sat there and rocked her for a while...I missed my baby girl.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I am going out again Friday night (T will be home with her-so I am not so stressed about it). It is my birthday..my 32 birthday! Friday the 13th~I {puffy heart} when my birthday is on Friday the 13th. I find it to be such good luck.
I am heading to one of the local casinos with friends and my sister. I am meeting a bunch of co-workers there (they are taking a bus trip from our work office) and going down with one of my friends from High School and my Sister. Since I'll be driving I won't be getting sloshed, but I'll be there long enough to enjoy myself aplenty. And heck...maybe I'll get lucky and win!!!
To top Friday off....I get my work bonus (as I mentioned before-it sucks ass this year-but is still a bonus) AND my State income tax refund on Friday....so I may be able to play a little more than normal. I usually limit myself to losing $150 max...I may splurge and go up to $200 or $250...we'll see, after all it is my birthday.
You see, I have to stay true to the limits I set for myself at the casino because I have been known to go overboard in the past...
For my 21st birthday T and I went to Atlantic City. At the time we both worked for the company I work for, so we both got paid and got our annual bonuses that Friday and headed down to Caesar's Palace for the weekend. We arrived in AC around 6pm that Friday....by midnight my entire paycheck and bonus was gone. Lost every penny in under 6 hours. Of course I did not tell T this. I went about the weekend as if I still had money but "wasn't in the mood to gamble". Very early Sunday morning..I don't know maybe around 3am I woke up, took money out of T's wallet and snuck down to the casino....only to lose it all. I snuck back in the room and into bed and pretended like it didn't happen. I did not tell T about the 3am adventure until many months later.
Because of that occurrence I only bring with me what I am willing to lose and my drivers license. I NEVER bring my ATM or Credit cards to the casino...that would be silly of me!
So wish me luck on my Birthday outing to fund my Indian ancestors children's college funds!
4 comments:
It makes it all worth the work when you see them smile at you doesn't it!
Have a good birthday, and I hope you win big!!!
lol. You are totally a terrible gambler. heheh. You stole money from your husabdn after losing your entire paycheck. That's awesome!! :) ~wink~
Glad you had a good time and hope you continue to have a good time when you go out with your friends for your birthday. YAY!!! Happy Birthday!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!
Woo hoo, I always have fun at the casino! (although I'm cheap and won't spend more than $80-100 combined between me and Big D LOL. It hurts too much to lose!)
HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!
Post a Comment