My OB appt went well on Friday.
I lost 26 of the 28lbs I gained! Pretty kick ass huh? This puts me at *shudder* 160lbs. I gained approx 10lbs while TTC too. So my goal is to get down to 145 (my happy weight). I began my weight watchers routine today...monitoring my food, counting points, etc. I won't be attending any meetings or getting weighed in anywhere specific, but the WW plan has worked for me before and dieting is not good for me...I believe that dieting is very fattening. WW is simply portion control, re-educating yourself to stop when you have reached a serving size.
She was very upset with me for having sex..Told me I was at very high risk for getting pregnant. I have an appt for 4/2/09 for my IUD insertion...or 1st pre natal visit (fingers crossed it is for the insertion). I should be able to pee on a stick this week..I am thinking Wed or Thurs. That would be 14 days post "condom loss". And I got a positive test with Kira 12 days after doing the deed...
I am trying not to freak out...I have been cramping yesterday and today (like AF is on her way) and am breaking out quite a bit (3 new pimples today)...however I had the same problems early in pregnancy..so g-d only knows....In all the research I have done online, the % of women that ovulate before their first postpartum cycle is very low. I am hopeful that I fall into the larger % that DOES NOT ovulate before their first cycle.
I was tempted to delete Nancy comment on my 6 week check up post...just out of denial. I figured if she didn't write it..it wasn't true.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I am back to work today...and it blows big chunks. Being back sucks, being away from Kira sucks. But I will say, I feel loved here. People really, genuinely missed me. It makes me know that even though I HATE coming here...I really do have good friends to greet me every day (and they are all as miserable as I am - so we are in good company).
They even went out and got me a belated Birthday cake and card! Tons of people came by to see me, welcome me back, talk about my Princess....there are streamers in my office, gift cards to restaurans and cards from co-workers....
all in all...a good way to return. Now it's time to go home to my baby!
4 comments:
That is great that you have lost almost all of your baby weight. Good luck with the WW - I will be joining you in August after Payton makes her grand entrance!!
Wow, you're turning your baby weight around quickly!! Very impressive!
I was laughing about you getting 'scolded' for having sex. Did it make you feel like a teenager again telling your doctor you guys did the deed and it broke?
Awesome job losing the baby weight! Glad people at work were so sweet, that had to make it a little easier. :)
Congrats on the beautiful baby!! Our babes are close in age - I had my son the first week of January. I was supposed to have an IUD insertion at my 6 week post partum but then I chickened out when I got there. I am breastfeeding exclusively so hoping that stops the ovulation. I had secondary infertility with this little one so not so worried....although I have been having unprotected sex with my husband this whole time. Not one condom - I hate them - it's like having sex with the goodyear blimp! I am really stupid, I know...and I read Nancy's comment and I shuddered.
Nice to meet you. Thanks for the comment on my blog! ;)
Post a Comment