Those of you that know me IRL know that I am a bit compulsive about how I like things done. They need to be...should be...I like them to be...done the way I do them, and I generally have no issues correcting you when you are doing them "wrong".
This includes caring for my child. I don't care how much experience you have with kids...I want things handled a certain way with her. This gets particularly tricky when it comes to the "Family sitters".
My MIL will be watching Kira on Friday's when I return to work. Additionally T and I have concert tickets to see Lucinda Williams on Tuesday night and she is going to watch her while we go out. As much as I thought I would have no issues leaving her and going out..I am a wreck! This is the first time we are leaving her with someone other than T or I for more than a couple of hours and at night time/bed time. (I left her with my Mom twice while she was here-both times under 2 hours-and daytime)
I had MIL over today to learn Kira's routines. See how to handle her when fussy, feed her, burp her, change her, etc....Wouldn't you know it..the kid slept the whole flippen time. I woke her up after a couple of hours and had Granny change her and we stimulated her enough to get her to take a bottle and then wham right back out.
I'll have her over again either Sunday or Monday night to see the bed time routine before leaving her on Tuesday.
While she was here I did take advantage of her being available if/when she woke and I cleaned cleaned cleaned! I scrubbed the bathroom (on my hands and knees), toilet, sink, tub, shower walls, floor....it is sparkling. Dusted and vacuumed every single room I could. The kid slept though the vacuum 2 feet from her...didn't even flinch. This is a good thing I suppose since we need to be able to do house work while she sleeps. But my god, it was loud.
So my MIL decided to leave once I was done cleaning, since there really wasn;t anything for her to help with...now the kid is crying and fussing...figures.
1 comment:
girl, i so sympathize with you on this one! i am a total control freak & can barely stand to leave our critters with sitters (we have a 3 page list of instructions that my mom gets everytime we have to leave them for a weekend) & i'm sure i'll be AWFUL when it comes to leaving the boys. i know kids have survived being left with their grandparents for centuries & all will likely be fine, but it doesn't change the control-freak-new-mom induced panic. altho i'm sure kira will do great :)
Post a Comment