May 22, 2009

Sneaking around...

...it's Friday before a Holiday weekend. No one is in the office except for my contractors. I have SO MUCH work I could be, should be, working on in the peace and quiet, but no, I am updating my Blog. (guess we know where the priority is)

My co-hort and I snuck out at 11:15 and went for pedicures. Came back 2 hours later, grabbed lunch from the cafe. Responded to a couple of emails, sent out some meeting minutes, and now I am spent.

I am going to leave shortly. I would like to accomplish 2 more items on my to do list and then out I go..

I went shopping after work last night. Hit up Old Navy and Dress barn. I desperately needed some ABC's (after baby clothes). I have lost all my baby weight (plus a couple pounds) but it all hangs differently now. I have not been motivated to begin working out yet, as it takes me away from Baby K far too much.

I went looking for summer clothes (shorts, capris, bright tops) and then shoes. I was able to pick up a couple pairs of capris, few pairs of shorts and several tops. Shoes on the other hand NOTHING!

Now let me tell you I have an addiction to shoes, at least I have in the past, however I am really trying hard to not "spend" unnecessary money, so I would put on a pair of shoes I liked and wear them as I walked around the store, the minute they hurt (and they all did) back in the box and shelf they went. I used to be able to wear heels, strappy, funky, super cute shoes , but it does not seem possible any longer.

I am not giving up yet though...off I will go again today~

Hope you all have a great Holiday weekend, I anticipate Blogland to be slow, but I'll be on daily to meet my ICLW quota!!!

Happy Memorial Day weekend

12 comments:

Caz said...

Sneaking out for a pedicure sounds like HEAVEN.

I was totally un-motivated to work yesterday as well.
Hmm but I guess we will pay for that next week when it all piles up.

Happy Long Weekend.

Caragh
ICLW

Morgan Owens said...

ahh a Pedicure sounds so freaking lovely. Except the Chinese people always manage to tickle my feet or get to rough, then they start talking to their chinese buddies in chinese and it always makes me think they are talking about me. LOL!

Elana Kahn said...

Heck, I'd drive to CT and drop them off!! :-)

Melis.sa said...

Hope you have a great memorial day weekend! Great job on the weight loss!! :)

Anonymous said...

SHOES! A woman after my own heart! You should check out my post I just wrote on that subject.

And totally fabulous about your weight loss... lucky lucky girl!

*ICLW*

Alana said...

Congrats on losing the "baby weight" PLUS extra---awesome! :)

*ICLW*

Kate said...

ABC's.... sigh.... i need some of those too, but it's so much less fun to shop to hide my post-twins belly. congrats on losing all the baby weight-- that's awesome! enjoy your long weekend! :)

Bella said...

Hope your shopping trip was successful! Have a great weekend!

ICLW

Anonymous said...

I swear shoes are becoming more painful the older I get - I blame the manufacturers of course, the fact that I've destroyed my feet wearing 6 inch heals for years has nothing to do with it!

Congratulations on losing the baboy weight plus some!

-ICLW

Rebecca said...

Congrats on losing your baby weight. Sorry you couldn't find any comfy shoes...I despise shoe shopping and only go when it's absolutely necessary! Hope you find some soon!

ICLW

christopher said...

Updating your blog is excellent for productivity, as is getting mid-day pedicures.

Thanks for the comments, and I hope you are having a great long weekend.

Happy ICLW.

Jenny @ Another Jennifer Speaks said...

awww i'm jealous. i want a co-hort...