Rolling, baby K rolled over this week, twice! Yeah yeah I know, it's only 2 times, but I witnessed it once and T witnessed it once. So we are equally excited about it.
Once was after bath time...after bath each night I give baby K "naked time" a good 15 mins of belly time naked. Then I roll her onto her back and lotion her up before putting her in her PJ's. Well on Monday night, she was on the floor doing her thing, I was squeezing a squeaky duck she has (she seems to really love ducks) and she was getting really excited bouncing around when WHAM she was on her back! She was startled but didn't cry or anything.
Then Yesterday when T came home from work he put her on her belly in the sun room and said that within 30 seconds she was on her back.
We could not get her to do it again either time.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Sleeping, those of you with kids or that have a lot of experience with other's kids...baby K makes a lot of noise as she is falling asleep, almost pain noises, like it hurts to fall asleep. Do your babies do this too? Sometimes she has a total F'ing meltdown "right" before she falls asleep....kicking, punching, screaming, sleeping...very odd or very normal?
Her naps are becoming shorter and fewer. But her nights are still a good 10-12 hours. My only issue with her night sleeping pattern is that I cannot keep her awake past 7. I wish I could keep her up til 8-9. By the time I get home from work it is 6-6:30 and some nights she is already asleep cause T just could not keep her up any longer. This means I leave and she is sleeping...I return and she is sleeping. It makes for a very depressed Mommy.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Diapers, this kid is outgrowing diapers too fast. I am not sure what she weighs right now (next appt is 6/10) but I assume around 16lbs. Sam's Club had the Pampers 1-2 (like 250 diapers) for $30 so I bought 2 boxes. This was back when she was still wearing the straight 1's. I have 3 more of the clear packs that were in the boxes of the 1-2 and they are just getting to be too small. I'll squeeze her into them as long as I can, but then I may need to send Kate more diapers!
I have 2 packages of size 2 not used (not true, I put her in a size 2 at night cause she was peeing right out of the others in her sleep) and 4 boxes of size 3 in the attic...I don't think I am buying any more diapers for a while.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Teeth, she got 2 which I mentioned in my previous post. But she is definitely getting more. I see nothing happening up top, bit holy cow is her bottom gum getting bumpy! Not only do I think she is getting molars already, I think she is also getting eye teeth. She's kind of being a bitch about it too. Oh what I have to look forward to as she gets older!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Weight loss, I don't have any..actually I think I gained like 4 lbs this week. I had SERIOUS PMS going on. All I wanted was junk and could not get enough of it either. On Tuesday I bit the bullet and joined the 24 hour gym. Got all dressed to go on Wed after baby K was in bed and discovered that my sneakers were at work under my desk. Thursday I forgot the sneakers at work, Friday my cramps were just too bad to attempt to exercise, and now we are on Saturday...I have every intention to wake T up at 9am and head up there for at least an hour before he has to get going to work. I hope to do the same tomorrow too.
My next OB appt is 7/10, I am hoping to be down 6-10lbs by then.
I read an article in O a couple weeks ago. It was Oprah's interview with Michelle Obama, and MO said that she gets up to work out daily at 4:30, when O asked her how she forces herself to do it, MO said "Well, I just started thinking, if I had to get up to go to work, I'd get up and go to work. If I had to get up to take care of my kids, I'd get up to do that. But when it comes to yourself, then it's suddenly, "Oh, I can't get up at 4:30." So I had to change that. If I don't exercise, I won't feel good. I'll get depressed. Of course, it's easier to do it here, because I have much more support now. But I always think about women who don't have support. That's why work-family balance isn't just a policy conversation; it's about changing the expectations of who we have to be as women and parents." This was my inspiration to make time for myself to feel good about my body again. I used to get up at 4:45 and work out before work. It always made my day start out SO MUCH BETTER. I lost weight, I felt energized, I felt healthy, I felt beautiful...I need to feel all of those things again.
The fitness center is open 24hours, it is 2.5 miles from my driveway. There is no reason why I can't get up at 5:00 instead of 5:45 and go work out for an hour, then come home and get ready for work. I need to do it....wish me luck.
5 comments:
She's getting big it sounds like! Poor girl getting so many teeth all at once...
Woot for joining the 24 hour gym!!
YAY for rolling over!!!!
The "melt downs" I don't know that you would call it normal, but it may be her thing. Sorry little hijack. My K was one of those kids that played until he dropped, if you tried to put him to bed before that he would totally freak the hell out. J was one of those kids that was awake and all smiles you turn your head and she was out. R was one that crys, grunts, or any little sound to try to stay awake. C sighs, unless something disturbs him right at that dosing off point. Then he will scream. As you can see all 4 of mine totally different.
Diapers, we just moved C up to a size 3. Once they hit the size 3 it seems like they stay in those longer. Last weight we had in mid May was 15.1. (but I like my diapers a little bigger)
Sleep, Have you tried pushing all her naps just a little later? Start with something as simple as 15 minutes, then 20 then 30 etc. It might work to keep her up a little later at night.
WTG on working out. That is great!
Wow sorry I got a little long winded there.
good luck - you can do it. That for sharing that little piece of motivation!
YAY YAY YAY for baby K! way to go with the turning over! :)
as for the pre-sleep "meltdowns", both my guys are super noisy falling asleep. Sometimes it's random (& brief) cries, usually its just lots of grunting & baby yells. They've always done it & I have no idea why they do it, but they seem a-ok before, during & after all the racket, so I just let them get on with it. Weird, but seems harmless.
& diapers-- we're moving right through them too! We're still in 1's at the moment, but will pry soon be moving up to 2's (we have fat babies, what can i say?) so if little K outgrows her dipes, let me know-- we'll pay your postage, lol!
& way to go on getting up at 5! I really need to find a way to make some time for me, & the gym seems like a good way to go. Thanks for the motivation girl!
hope you're having a great weekend!
I totally hear you on the exercise thing. We have a treadmill in the basement and all I have to do is get Mark to watch the kids. He's unemployed (but freelancing here and there) but our days end up so full and the workout never happens. The only way I can do it is to get up early - with the roosters and have mark watch the kids early too..... but he loves his sleep and I do too... I stopped losing weight. Teddy will be 5 months tomorrow and I weigh the same as I did 8 weeks ago. haven't lost or gained. Ugh...
i admire you for getting up so early and working out, and working full-time with a husband, baby, house, and yourself to take care of. I stay at home, and I don't have my shit together. I really need to take better care of myself...
Post a Comment