May 16, 2009

The Letter...

...that old friend I mentioned, the one from face book, the one I don't want to re-connect with, but am glad to have tabs on her....she keeps contacting me. Just little comments here and there. "Happy Birthday" "Your baby is beautiful" "Happy Mother's day". etc...but on a couple of occasions she has sent actual letters, long ones. And I have yet to respond, until tonight.

I just spent the last 2 hours compiling thoughts that have gone through my head for the past decade. Trying to express them in writing. I wrote it, and re-wrote it, and revised it a bit more...and sent it. I did it.

It was by far the most therapeutic yet equally devastating thing I have ever written to another person. I tried to not be cold, rude, cut throat. But also made sure that I stuck to who I am.

I hope she sees that my intentions in what I wrote were not to hurt her, but came from my heart.

1 comment:

Caz said...

Sometimes things have to be said.
You are doing what is right for you, and there is no bad intentions in doing that.

I hope she gets the hint and moves on.