..on the whole "Jon and Kate" topic.
Let me begin by saying I LOVE the gossip columns. I LOVE people magazine. I LOVE STAR. I LOVE all of the craptastic crap that goes along with those items.
"Did he or didn't he"? If he did, who could blame him, she is such a bitch! Not that I think that allows him the right to cheat on his wife, because I am a firm believer that if you are willing to stray, to even think of straying, you'd better walk away now.
I will admit that I watch this show. Hell I have probably seen every episode at least 4 times. I mean come on, who would not love to watch those stinkin cute kids (especially Aaden!). If it is on, whether I've seen it or not, I'll watch.
I don't think Jon cheated, I don't think Kate cheated. Here's what I think.....
.....it's all a publicity stunt. Sadly it is at the expense of their family. Face it, their kids are 5 years old, and yeah they are cute, but we've been watching them for 4 seasons. Kate treating Jon like a piece of gum on her shoe has gotten old. Kate's OCD is tiresome. There are new shows to watch, new families to follow. There's the newest one "Table for Twelve", this family is so much more realistic. I love that the parents make spaghetti and Prego sauce for dinner, that if the kids eat enough dinner they get a donut hole, that their kids are sneaky and even if they don't finish dinner they climb up on the counters and eat a donut hole (or 4!) like REAL kids...There are the Dugger's, now we could have the same argument that we have been watching them for years, however they keep changing it up a bit for us by having more kids, marrying off their oldest and now getting ready for a grand baby!
Jon and Kate have realised that they are at the end of their run and they are shitting bricks. Kate's trying to pimp her new book. They bought a huge house that needs to be paid for, Jon recently lost his BA job, they've chosen to disengage from their family (Kate's brother Kevin and wife Jodie and their kids) and now they are seeing their ratings flop.
So I think it's a well thought out, properly executed publicity stunt....I know that I'll be watching the season premier on 5/26. Maybe it worked.....
5 comments:
as sad as it is to say, i agree about this being a publicity stunt. I thought that right away since the new season was just a few weeks away from starting.
Yup, I am totally a sucker for gossip mags they are my guilty pleasure, sometimes i'll splurge and read the paper though HA.. but then im like BORING
where is the juicy stuff.
In reality, its alot hearder to find REAL gossip.
So I agree, I totally think this is a massive stunt.
I love the show, I really really do.. I don't care how much money they get to make the show.. I don't care that they live in a huge house and have nice things.
That lady carried 6 babies at one time, seriously she might be a bitch, and Very OCD.. but shes still a legend in my books.
Plus your right the kids are so adorable, except the really bratty one.. is that maddy? I think so.
Anyway, as sad as it is.. its all a stunt.. the good part is the kids are too young to know whats going on. As long as there parents are sheilding them from the negative comments inside there home and they are in a loving and stable environment... They will be fine.
Well those are my thoughts!
Interesting view of the show. I hadn't even thought about that. I'm with you, if you want to get out then leave. I think he should have left her forever ago, but you know they stayed together for the money. Sad.
I love Table for 12 so much better. My husband and I watched the first one together and both agreed that it was so much more realistic, and OMG they actually LIKE each other.
hhrrrmm.........interesting theory.
I've only seen one or two episodes. I saw the one where they went to the hershey factory, I think that was it, and one where they took some sort of vacation to California, I think.
So maybe I have no clue what I'm talking about with them. :P I guess I better watch the show now that it's summer and nothing else is on!
iclw
I watch Jon and Kate from time to time but not religiously. I think you're right though - because now I am looking forward to watching the new season like you. I think parents do what they need to do and I hate to judge anyone but I was kind of freaked when the kids all had the stomach flu and Kate made them sleep on the floor of the laundry room so it was easier to clean. When you're throwing up, the last place you want to sleep is the cold hard floor of the noisy laundry room! No blow up mattress or anything. Poor kids. Sorry I am just babbling now
Post a Comment