May 2, 2009

I spoke too soon...

I awoke at 4:15am with pain equivalent to what I think it would feel like having a large knife jabbed into my gut and turned and turned and turned.......it took all of my energy to get out of bed in search for advil. Once I made my way back to bed I grabbed the heating pad, cranked it up, and got into the fetal position. I must have laid there for at least an hour before I was able to fall asleep.

When I got up with a very happy, very hyper baby K at 6:30 this morning the pain had subsided quite a bit, but I quickly went and took more advil. I'll have to make sure I keep a steady flow of it in my blood today.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

While I was in labor I made a statement that I may live to regret.....I was in so much pain and begging for the epidural, and I told T that I would never complain about my period cramps again since I now knew the pain I would have to face again if I didn't get it. SHIT! I am always doing that...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The dream that woke me....I never sleep peacefully. I have really disturbing dreams. I always have, ever since I was a little girl, as far back as I can remember, there were always many more nights of nightmares than happy dreams.

When I woke up this morning in pain, the dream I was waking from was no different. I was dreaming that there was an intruder in our house, I burglar I suppose. T and I were both in it, we were trying to hide and keep the baby quiet so that the person did not know we were here. We managed to get down 2 levels of our house (it would never happen since our stairs are super creaky) to our crawl space. T went under and I handed him the baby and as I was ready to go under I remembered the cat and went to try and get him but instead ran into the intruder. He then plunged the knife into me and turned it multiple times....until I woke up.

This intruder dream is one I have had a lot in the past several months. I've woken up several times from this dream and gone and checked all the doors and windows. I have other recurring dreams that are disturbing, maybe I'll share them one day too.

5 comments:

Chele76 said...

I too have reoccurring nightmares... ever since I was a kid. I don't have them as often as I used to, but I remember each one like it happened yesterday.

Jen's Farmily said...

I usually have unbearable cramps at least one day during my period, so I feel your pain.

I've been having really vivid dreams lately too. Not fun and I never feel like I slept good the next day!

Carrie Ann said...

Hope you feel better! I have the intruder nighmare from time to time - more often since burglaries have increased the last few months from the economy. Hope you sleep better -

To A T said...

I'm sorry to hear about the pain :(

I just HATE dreams like that! I have them pretty often too!

Anonymous said...

Oh my LORD, that dream is scary!

And I'm sorry about your cramps. I have been LOVING not having them the past 6 months or so...but my time will come once again. ;-)