October 3, 2008

My eyes felt like sand bags....

T and I headed out for a quick pizza last night at our favorite pizza place. Since we now live about 15 mins away, I called ahead and ordered it so that we would be able to walk in, sit down, chow and get back in time for the idiot debate...oops I mean the Vice Presidential Nominee Debate. I made it through 58 mins of it before I fell asleep. They all talk out their ass.

Sadly with this election, we are voting for the VP just as much as the President.

In one corner you have a young, energetic, apparently healthy Presidential candidate with limited experience working in the senate running with a racist, prejudice, old hag of a running mate that has 35+ years experience working in the senate.

In the other corner you have an ancient, overweight, clearly unhealthy Presidential candidate with a lot (I didn't look up the #) of years in the senate and POW experience running with the young, pretty, energetic, Alaskan Soccer Mom, who has virtually no experience other than being a Mayor of a tiny town in AK and now the Governor....oh and has a teen aged pregnant daughter (but it's ok-not a tragedy or anything cause she's white-WHOLE OTHER topic that pisses me off!)

The candidate I wanted to vote for is not in the running, so these are my choices. I know who I will vote for, no doubt in my mind, but I cringe at thinking about what if the other guy wins? And the VP he has chosen has to stand up and run our country..

With a baby on the way, not knowing if I'll have a job in a month (solely based on the current market trends-I have heard no rumors), unsure how I will fill my oil tank at $4.89 a gallon (compared to the $2.49 I paid last year), never mind the ever increasing costs of health care (and adding another dependent), groceries, gas, life in general....The future President is suddenly really important to me.

Our country is in a lot of trouble. I am not looking forward to the next 4 years, because no matter who gets in there, no major changes will take place in that short amount of time. It took Bill Clinton (probably the best President in MY lifetime) the full 8 year term he served to get our Country into the excellent financial position it was in when he handed it over to Bushwacker...Sorry again, slip of the fingers...President George W. Bush.

Sorry for the rant on politics, I am done.

1 comment:

The Salesman's Point of View said...

I wasn't happy with either candidate. Everything had a game show or reality TV feel to it....nothing real. SP is definitely a Cougar. After the debate I was thinking about a movie called "Brewsters Millions" w/ Richard Pryor. I vote for "None of the Above". I hate to be negative but looking at our countries problems looks a lot like the begining of the fall of the Roman Empire. The only thing were missing is a plague.