September 30, 2008

Old Wives Tales...

I thought I would google Gender prediction Wives Tales and see how I measure up to them and then after I have the baby revisit it....


1) Carrying High, Carrying Low

If you're carrying low, you're having a boy.

If you are carrying high, then you must be having a girl.

Me: Boy


2) Heartbeats

If you're having a girl, then the fetal heart rate will be above 140.

A boy will have a heart rate below 140.

Me: Girl (HB has been around 145)


3) Craving Something…Sweet?

If you can't get enough chocolate, you could be having a girl.

Sour cravings are a result of the little boy inside of you.

Me: Unclear (Not craving sweet...but not craving sour either. Not really "craving" anything.)


4) Weight Gain

If your partner puts on weight during your pregnancy, then you will be having a girl.

If he doesn't put on a pound, then you're carrying a boy.

Me: Boy (T has either lost weight or stayed the same so)


5) Face Round and Full?

Your face is round and rosy you are having a girl.

Me: Boy (I don't think my face has changed)


6) Breast test

If the right one is larger, you're having a boy!

A larger left breast indicates a girl!

Me: Unclear (they look and feel the same size)


7) Pendant/ring test

If the necklace swings back and forth, you're having a boy.

If it is more of a circular motion, then it's a girl.

Me: Girl


8) Acne

Getting acne during your pregnancy indicates you're carrying a girl.

Me: Girl


9) Gut instinct

Moms-to-be correctly guess the sex of their baby 71% of the time

Me: Girl (T also thinks it's a girl)


Total Tally:

Boy: 3

Girl: 4

Unclear: 2

I guess we'll know for sure in about 4 more months...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking it looks like you are going to have a bouncing baby...GIRL! LOL

Morgan Owens said...

You haven't found out the gender yet? You poor thang! They are torturing you! Most people find out between 17-20, aren't you 22w?

Morgan Owens said...

Oh and one more thing...I did the same thing before I knew and it was wrong for me ;) Ya never know..

The Captain's Wife said...

Morgan~ We have decided to not find out the gender! Keeping it a mystery until the day he or she makes their way into the world!