Craigs list...ever used it? When we moved out of the apartment and into the house last year I sold pretty much all of our furniture on there. The timing was perfect because college kids were just moving into there on and off campus housing and were looking for stuff. I literally had everything in my apt sold in under 3 weeks.
I decided to try it again on Saturday afternoon. We have a couple of recliners to get rid of, a dresser (antique/oak) and an Antique Secretary.
The secretary is one that was in my house as a child, my Mom bought it at an estate sale, my sister and I have a lot of great memories playing school with that cabinet. My Mom stored her china in it, and bills and stuff in the secretary desk part..oh we loved it. It is antique, but has been in storage for a good 20 years. It has been stored in basements, garages, barns...so it needs a lot of TLC. T and I are not antique people, nor are we good with refinishing pieces, so I posted it for FREE on Craigs list....Holy Crap! Literally within 30 seconds my phone was ringing. I had someone come see it Sunday am at 9am and he took it right there. (I received 27 inquiries on it!).
The recliners are in our den right now, but we will be making that the office so that the baby can be in the upstairs bedroom next to us. To make room for the desk and filing cabinets the recliners have to go. One of them belonged to T's dad, Big Al. It's my chair. When he died all I wanted of his was his chair. He loved that chair. It was sat in by him through all of his chemo and radiation, he fell asleep in it with many lit cigs (burns to prove it), and by the time I took ownership of it (7 years ago) it was already 4-5 years old. But it is a damn good chair, in excellent cond (minus the couple of burns)..I will miss it. The other recliner is one that we bought for T (cause he was jealous that I had one) but we never really "loved" it. So no love loss there..both are listed for $50 each (price neg on the newer one). I have 1 interested party coming by tonight to check them out.
The dresser I have no idea what to list it for. It is an antique oak dresser (maybe not antiques but old). It belonged to T's family was from their house when we got our first apt in 1995. The exterior is in great shape, but the drawer bottoms fall out. Otherwise is pretty good. So because I am unsure of the value I have not listed it yet.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
After meeting the guy that took the Secretary, we went out for breakfast at our favorite local breakfast place and headed home to work on the babies room.....T convinced me to go out on the boat with him yesterday afternoon instead of preparing the babies room. I agreed but advised him that he has less than 4 weeks to get this room complete (my shower is 11/15) so that I have a place for all the baby stuff.
The weather was Oh So Great! The sun was beaming, the water was flat calm, the foliage was breath taking (pics to follow), the fishing sucked, but I really enjoyed just being on the water. Being on the water is my favorite place of all. I enjoy the time we spend on our boat more than anything else.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I have my 24W appt tonight. Only one more 4week appt and then I am moving into the every other week! OMG it is really almost at the end. I have less than 3 weeks left in the first Tri.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Received an email this morning from my Grandmother (Father's Step Mother) that my Grandfather is having Heart surgery this morning. He has suffered from a couple of heart attacks in the past and has a pace maker. I guess they need to replace his pace maker with one that has a defliberator (sp?) in it to jump start his heart in the event he has another heart attack.
I am worried. Not because I have a bad feeling or anything, but the fact that he is 77 and not in the best health (diagnosed with Diabetes in the past 2 years) doesn't help his cause....and well I've already seen once this year how a very routine heart surgery can turn into a very tragic event...on the healthiest of healthy people. I am hoping that I will hear something from my Grandmother or Aunt soon....
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Day 2 Part 2 will be coming tonight. It'll take me a few days to post the whole 3 days of our trip..
No comments:
Post a Comment