October 22, 2008

I've got the blues....

I've got the Blues...I've got them bad. I can't tell if they are the Baby Blues...the Life Blues...the Job Blues.....

I am unhappy all day at work. I wake up with that pit in my stomach. I am angry and moody all day. As I drive home I become emotional and angry that I have to go home and prepare a meal, and then repeat the same shit the next day. Sometimes I want to find a place to escape...a place that is not home, a place that is not work, a place that is quiet...dark...warm.

I haven't dealt with depression in a long time. I went through a period of time when I was a teenager that I was seriously depressed, so bad that I had to leave school my senior year and get home schooled. It was all related to typical teenage shit, bad break up with a boyfriend, betrayal by my closest friends, dealing with the F'ed up shit I faced as a young child. But instead of turning to drugs and alcohol I turned to counseling. Tell me...how many 16/17 year olds do you know that would willingly seek out therapy?

My goal at this time was to NOT take medication. At the time I was so Anti anti-depressants. I now fully understand the benefits and need for them for some people. I am not one of them. I don't have a chemical imbalance that needs to be corrected/adjusted with meds. I just get sad sometimes...it happens.

During my therapy sessions I learned how to deal with my anger, with my sadness. How to look at things with optimism...things can always be worse. This has been such a huge help to me through out my life, knowing that I can work through anything, but sometimes I need to let it fester in my head for a while before I can "deal" with it. The problem I am facing right now is I don't know what is making me sad. I am hopeful it is just the combination of the hormonal imbalance in my body and the stress of my job getting to me.

I love my husband, he treats me well, tells me how much he loves me daily, is the first to compliment my appearance. He does what I ask (sometimes I have to ask a few times..but that is normal). So that isn't the issue...

I have this baby growing inside of me, that I am feeling move more and more each day. Which is a sigh of relief, since it took so long to feel the slightest movement.

I only have 57 days of work left before I have several weeks off. And in 3 days I will be under 100 days away from my due date!

My baby shower is 3 weeks away.

These are all good things....so why am I so sad

4 comments:

Chele76 said...

((hug))

...I think it's in the air. Lets go hunt down the air and kick the crap out of it.

Anonymous said...

We all get the blues. You are so right. I think just keep doing what you are doing...look at the bright side and realize all the good you have going on in your life. It's the way I get through it myself! I used to take meds for depression but, like you, I don't feel the need to take them anymore. Does that mean I DON'T ever suffer from depression? No, just that I choose to DEAL with it in a different way. I've been feeling like this myself lately...almost feeling like "Isn't there supposed to be MORE?" to life...to work...to everything in general? But then I end my night cuddling with my husband who loves me and all my crankiness and I realize, it could always be worse.

HOly crap, that was a rambler. LOL

nancy said...

Oh ~hugs~. I'm sorry. I feel it too. But I'll have a good day and then the next day (like today) I feel like I just would rather die. Except I've never eveer dealt with depression before, so this is really really really hard for me. I'm being a shitty wife. I'm being a shitty mom to my 2 kids. I'm not enjoying my last pregnancy like I should. So I've obviously got no ideas or advice. But that I understand the feelings of the blues.

Julie said...

I hear you!! I feel that way sometimes. Like your whole life you can't wait to grow up, get married, have a baby...but then what???

When I was pregnant, I used to watch TV and cry about my job. I would cry on the drive home. I think with your extra hormones and feeling sad....it's just makes it worse.

Hang in there...In a few months...you'll be happier than you ever thought you could be!!

Oh and baby shower...woo hoo...that'll make you smile!!