April 27, 2009

Heat wave.....

...we are entering day 3 of a heat wave here in CT.

Saturday it was 90 degrees....Sunday it was 92 degrees....today and tomorrow are both supposed to be around 92 again. Is this April?

I realised that as bad as it sucks to be hot and sweaty, it sucks even more to be a baby and be hot and sweaty! My poor Baby K, she barely ate yesterday because she was so hot. I think all day long she maybe ate a total of 4-6 ozs. And she usually eats 5oz every 2-3 hours! Last night after her bath she got down a good 5 oz and once again (6th night in a row) slept a total of 12 hours straight.
On Saturday we went to visit my Grandparents (her Great Grandparents). We sat outside under the umbrella, it was a hot day, but there was a nice breeze. We left there and ran some errands, one of which was going to BRU...we bought a couple of 3mos summer outfits because all of her summer clothes are 6-9 mos and she is not ready for them yet.
Sunday we did not leave the house. I started the day off with bringing the patio furniture out of the shed and setting up the deck......
I set up Baby K in the shade, with her new hat and went about cleaning up sticks in the back yard...
After a couple of hours outside we were both ready to head back in for some "fan time". I set up the fan in her room and stripped her down naked and we had some fun naked belly time...
Mommy was awfully sweaty so I re-dressed her and placed her in a safe place on the floor and headed into the shower.....when I got out of the shower I found a sleeping baby curled up on the floor with her glow worm....

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh she is getting cuter and cuter every day as she gets bigger! I love watching babies grow!!

Jen's Farmily said...

90s?!? It's been in the 80s here and I thought THAT was warm for April!

She is so adorable... soon she'll be toddlin' around in the heat!

mandy_moo said...

I couldnt make the pictures bigger. :(

Celia said...

What a darling baby! I am in PA and it is a jillion degrees here too. We link we might turn the AC on tonight. Usually we push through till June but it is beastly.

wineandroasts said...

In Alabama we've had the A/C on for a month already. Global. Warming. Sucks.

Kerry said...

She is ADORABLE!!!!

Caz said...

Your little girl is SO SO SO beautiful.

Thank you heaps for your comment on my blog.
I'm like you, if I saw someone drop money I would DEFINATLY give it back to them..
But there was no way I could know who actually owned it, so it was mine.

As for Kasey Chambers, She is a fantastic artist.
And Like you, I do like her earlier stuff alot better.

Her biggest hit in Australia was "Not pretty enough" which I think is such a beatiful song, but also she does an amazing version of "True colours" Which I think is fantastic.. I honestly think its better than the orginal,or any others I've heard.

Its strange your in a Heat Wave, its the opposite where I live(In Melbourne Austraila which is down the bottom of the country) Our snap cold wave has hit. We are in a pretty bad droubt at the moment.
So we need all the rain, and if the cold will bring the rain then I say.. Definatly bring it on!

Morgan Owens said...

Stopping by to show some love! LOL! ;)

SHE IS SOOO FREAKING ADORABLE!!! She looks like she is having fun kickin' it in the shade!!

It has been NASTY and rainy here but it's not too bad!! I kinda like it cause we needed it!

Sisrea said...

We have the same bouncers :D I saw on the news that the east coast was having a heat wave.. Definetly makes me not look forward to the summers to come. Keep cool!