April 17, 2009

Buzzzz...Buzzzz......

no not a bee...ME! Oh how good - Scratch that GREAT it felt to get a buzz on tonight.

I went out with some co-workers (among them Moosh and Chele)...we had great laughs (I kept making hand gestures as if I were holding a large penis), got our bitching out, drank lots of beer, ate wings and fries and rings and skins...had a tab of $300 with the tip. And to top it all off, I made it home in time to rock my princess to sleep......

T is working all weekend, it is opening day for Trout fishing this weekend and that is a BIG deal in these parts. So it'll be me and baby K for the majority of the weekend. My "big" plans are going for a hike tomorrow with baby K and friend Carol, "maybe" visiting my grand parents in the afternoon, and dinner with my MIL and T's aunts that are here visiting from Boston.

If I don't visit my grand parents tomorrow I'll go Sunday. They haven't seen baby K since she was around 3 weeks old...

She didn't go down to sleep till around 8:30 so I am hoping she'll stay down till around 5am tomorrow....have I mentioned she has been sleeping 8 hours straight for 4 nights in a row? I am keeping my fingers crossed it continues...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Had my job interviews on Thursday. The morning one was awesome. The guy was SUPER energetic, very positive, encouraging, etc. He stated several times that he would love me to be on his team and could place me in several locations (it is a consulting company)...the second one....not so much, which was disappointing since that would be the place I would rather go to since they hire people as full time employees and place them like consultants. BUT they give you benefits and vacation time...

I am kind of anticipating an announcement any day now relating to my job, so I am trying to hold out to see if it is something that would be beneficial for me.....the question is how long do I hold out? I am not sure yet..

6 comments:

Kate said...

yay for getting tipsy with your buds! :)
hoping things turn out well with the interviews... keeping fingers crossed for you

moosh said...

When I got home, hubby asked if I brought him home wings...apparently he kept texting, but I was too enthralled with the hand gestures to notice!

Chele76 said...

I had a blast! Thanks for cluing me in on it. Hopefully you had enough dough from everyone to cover a tab like that!

Jennifer said...

I wanted to write you back in regards to the ear piercing...

We have a really good friend who used to do them at the mall, so we decided to go to Sally's (I dont know if you have one where you live its a salon/beauty supply store) and bought the "do it yourself" ones...they are little guns (doesn't look like a gun) with the earings in it..and she marked her ears, checked them, then did the first one. Adriana acted the same way she did during her shots...we had a bottle ready for comfort and as soon as she calmed down we did the second one. She reacted worse to the second one than the first one...I HIGHLY reccommend either doing it yourself, or taking the ones you buy to a place in the mall *dont use their stuff its dirty (as per my friend)* and have them use the ones you bought at the supply store.

She only cried for like 1 minute, ate her bottle and fell asleep. They only bothered her for like 2 days, and she was sleeping on them the next day actually, so I dont know forsure if it was 2 days...

I changed them to reg. earings (little diamonds from Kay Jewelers) at 4 weeks post-piercing. Its supposed to be 6 weeks, but she was doing so good w/them I guess its ok!

GL! :)

Chele76 said...

...fyi - many pediatrician offices pierce ears also...

the cubicle's backporch said...

A night with hand gestures as if you were holding a large penis is a good night! :) hee hee

Goodluck on your job situation. It stressed me out trying to figure out which career directions to take!