April 23, 2009

Argh...I am a slacker.

So sorry for the lack of updates, and of all weeks it's ICLW week! Couple random topics below....

I've had lots of visitors so far, and have added myself as a follower to several blogs. Now I just need to figure out how to add the blog list to my page. I had it before but it was a lot of manual input. I like how some of you have a blog roll and below the title it says how long ago it was updated and the title of the last post....anyone want to share with me how to do that? (Chele...maybe if you want to take a 5 min break tomorrow from the god awful frigin project and swing by my desk you can show me the I need to do.....)

I fell behind right from the get go. I missed out on commenting day 1, so I made sure that on day 2 I left like 15 comments on new blogs and returned a few comments...tonight I will try to get through at least reading another dozen or so. Some I don't comment on. I don't want to be one of those "Hi I like your Blog - ICLW" just to get "credit" for commenting. So if you left me a comment - rest assured I read your blog, and if I did not leave a comment it does not mean I didn't like what I read, it just means I didn't have anything witty to share, but I may be back!!

Next topic:

Do you have one of those friends? You know, the ones you have been friends with for a really long time. Someone that you really don't like all that much, but you really don't dislike them either? One that you almost feel bad for, so you stay friends with them? But then there are times that you just want to punch them in the face and say "How many fucking times were dropped as a baby? Cause you are dumb as shit!"

Well I do....and well let's just say that every time I hang out with her I question my own sanity....(not to worry-it is none of you IRL friends that read this) yet I keep going back for more. I think I like hanging out with her because I feel SO FUCKING smart! It's sad really...really really sad

and next topic:

Baby K has been sleeping SUPER good! The past 4 nights in a row she has slept between 10-12 hours straight. The one night she slept 10, I got up with her at 4:50, changed and fed her and back out she went until 9:30am! It sick. That day I had left for work @6:30 as usual and left T a note telling him her last bottle time and when she went back down. When I called home later he said he woke up at 9:30 and kind of panicked when he saw the time. But when he ran into her room she was just laying in her crib sucking her thumb (her newest favorite thing to do!). For all we know she was up since 7am, but laid there the whole time! Now I just wish I could keep her up a little later so I can have some time with her at night. By the time I get home it is 5:45-6:00 and she has been getting really fussy and sleepy by 6:30. I try holding her off a bit longer by giving her a bath, but that only buys me about 10 more mins...I hate not getting to play with her daily.

13 comments:

Kerry said...

I have a friend like that too. Everytime I finish talking to her, I feel like banging my head against the wall.

That is awesome that the baby is sleeping so well, but sucks that you don't get to spend more time with her.

GeekByMarriage said...

Go to your dashboard. Go to layout. Add Gadget. Scroll and click on blog list. If you use Google reader you can import those over.

If you need anymore help email me!

Cherryrebel79 at msn dot com

Chele76 said...

I'll hook ya up tomorrow. Just remind me in case I get lost hiding under my desk dodging those freaking bullets!

Melis.sa said...

that's awesome that she is sleeping so well!!

i've just given up on friends like that. i feel like i'd rather spend my time with people who i really love. i dunno. :)

Caz said...

Everyone has a friend like that.

But for some reason.. its like watching a bad tv show, or eating too much of something.
We just CANT walk away..

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog.
I really appreicate it.

X Caragh

ICLW

Carrie27 said...

I can totally relate to wanting the baby to stay up later. I get home around 4 or 4:30 and the twins go to bed at 5:30 (last night it was 5). I crave the weekends.

Nic said...

I think we all have a friend like that!

Mr. Shelby said...

I think everyone is assigned the "dumb shit" friend from birth. We can't avoid them.

Glad to hear that K is sleeping well, hang in there!

Mr. Shelby (from iclw)

Jen's Farmily said...

I so want one of those scrolling blog lists too! But since I don't use my blogger acct, I'll have to figure out the HARD WAY. AHHH!!!

Goodluck getting yours to work!

Steph said...

OMGosh I totally have one of those friends. Actually, I think I have a few! haha.. I'm so glad I'm not alone. lol

I bet you are LOVIN' that sleep time!!!!

Steph said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cara said...

Ahh...sleepy babies "never wake one" is my slogan - at least not mine!

Joe said...

Haha, yes I do have one of THOSE friends and I've been asked by so many people "why are you friends with her" and I cant answer, I really think its something only women go through though. Glad to hear your getting more sleep!