Sight: The blinding brightness from the sun shining onto the mounds of snow that surround my house.
Sound: The thump thump thumping in my head (too many beers with girlfriends last night) and K's oh so sweet (yet extremely loud) voice playing with her Gabba dolls (minus PLex-who she is getting for her 2nd bday and Muno who costs WAY too much for me to buy).
Touch: The weight of my kid across my lap and the warmth of the laptop on my legs
Taste: Freshly brewed Cafe Estima and peanut butter on Wheat toast
Smell: Freshly brewed coffee...love that smell
Thanks to Rebecca for getting me in touch with my own senses!
I had good intentions of taking K swimming today (we've been going every Sunday for several weeks) but am thinking we are staying home in our jammies today....with my head and body feeling as though I took a beating last night AND the fact that it is -4 degrees out, I am thinking that staying in is a fantastic idea.
I went out late last night with 2 girlfriends from High School. 2 of the maybe 4 or 5 I am still "friends" with. Over a period of 3 hours I had 4 drafts and I seriously feel like shit today. WTF happened to me that I feel like this after 4 beers? I was once one of those chicks that could drink all the men under the table, but when my 30's hit I seemed to have lost that ability. Next weekend I am going to a HUGE wine fest at our local casino with a girlfriend. We have a hotel room and everything, but I am not sure how much I will actually be able to drink. I have 2 glasses at home and am ready for my jammies, bed and pillow!
Cheers~
3 comments:
It's amazing what a few beers will do these days. I am with you though on only having a few and feeling like death these days. Oh, how I miss the good old days!
Your night sounds fun, but today really doesn't. I have found a trick to keep on drinking though...wanna know it? Alternate drinks with a glass of club soda. It keeps you hydrated, you take a break from drinking for a few minutes, and you wake up feeling much better the next day. You're welcome!
p.s. I never believed it either until I tried it...it works.
I do water instead of club soda in between, and always chug a glass of water and some tylenol before bed on the rare occassion I get out for more than a drink. Just makes us cheap, right?
Post a Comment