January 14, 2011

Day 14......What a difference a year makes

Sorry no Leftovers for me this week. Tonight I filled out K's birthday invites and feel rather reflective of how much she has changed over this past year. She is becoming a girl, a little person. She is no longer my baby. She is my kid, my girl, my squirt.



I am having an especially hard time today, realizing that she will be 2 in three short weeks.....

A baby and her cat at 12 months old A girl and her cat at 24 months old

5 comments:

kate said...

its both happy & sad isn't it? maybe sad isn't the right word, but it is bittersweet saying goodbye to your baby, even tho it's really fun to say hi to your little kid. :)

happy birthday princess K! :) gie the kid a squeeze & the kitty a pat for us!

Carrie27 said...

After 1, it seems like I don't realize how much they have changed until I look back at pictures. She definitely looks so much older. I don't like birthdays, one bit. I want to just pretend they aren't aging.

Danifred said...

Love it!

Frogs in my formula said...

It's bittersweet watching them grow up, isn't it? Cute pictures!

Eden Riley said...

Oh wow .... she is so beautiful! And has *almost* grown as much as the cat, heh. XO