I typed up this entire post last night, laying in bed, on my phone, and when I attempted to schedule it, it went *poof*...so here goes again...
Strength-
Are you a strong person? How do you measure strength? Is it by the amount you can carry, the amount you can handle, the number of weight you can lift? I suppose there are many factors that go into determining one's strength.
Yesterday I was reading one of the regular blogs I follow and she commented about how once her family is completed growing she would like to look into and consider being a surrogate. My comment to her was regarding how strong of a person she must be to even consider such a thing. I find surrogacy an amazing thing. Such a gift that one woman can provide to a couple. To help them fulfill having their own family, their own biological family (in most cases). But it is not something I am strong enough to ever consider.
After having one child grow in me, I know enough about myself that I could never let one go after all of that. I suppose with surrogacy you need to develop that bod via pregnancy so that the child you are carrying thrives in you the same way your own child would, and pregnancy bonding wouldn't be the issue, I know, for me, the post-partum period is what I would not be strong enough for.
So to any of you that are strong enough women, that have solid family units to support you through it, you rock.
Question for you:
If you were done growing your family, and were given the opportunity to provide your body as a surrogate (take the $$ out of the equation), would you be strong enough to do it?
2 comments:
i couldn't do it. at least, i think i couldn't. certainly not for a stranger, but i might be able to consider it for a family member. i think i would be too attached to a child i had grown to ever let it go entirely.
Yes. I don't have a good answer as to why, but yes, I could do it. Now, if only my body would cooperate and let me have my own to start with.
Post a Comment