January 6, 2011

Day 5 (missed)...with a catch up to day 6

I declare that from here on out, the week after New Years can not, I repeat CAN NOT be a 6 day work week. How do these corporate sleaze bags expect us to come back from the Holly Jollies of Christmas and New Years shortened weeks or (if you are scum of the earth - I am not bitter) 2 weeks of full out no work, to a 6 day work week?

Is it not bad enough that we come back and have to jump into a regular old school 5 day week, nope not in my company. We get to throw Saturday in too! Kick Ass!

Fortunately we are expecting snow all day tomorrow. Now let me tel you that never before, no scratch that (speaking of, how can I strike out on blogger?), not since I was in High School have I wanted it to snow so damn much. You see I have verbal permission to work from home if there is even a chance of snow in the forecast.....I hope it snows ever god damn day until April 1!

Sorry for the anger in my tone. It has just seriously been the L.O.N.G.E.S.T 4 days so far.

I had this grand plan to attempt to blog everyday for a month....as you can see I made it 4 days. So much for commitment.

I have however been reading more. I read 80 pages over the past 5 nights. That is SUPER good for me. Generally it takes me a good month to read that much. I have been making it a point to go into bed about a half an hour earlier than normal and read instead of turning on the TV.

Oy Vey, I am burnt out. As much as I want it to snow so I can stay snuggled in my jammies 24/7 I also am eager for the Spring so that I can head to the city. I feel the need, the pull, to go to NYC. It has been 2.5 years since I went last. On my next trip I need to do a few new things, one thing for certain is going to the Statue of Liberty. That is one sight I have never visited on any of my visits.

I can't think any more, and my fingers hurt, so I will leave you with Little K's 1st snow man pics from last weekend~

Why does this weird little man have my snack shoved into his face?

Screw this, he is sharing whether he likes it or not! Bye Bye Guy!

2 comments:

kate said...

HA! she bit off his nose! too cute :)

sorry work is so lame.... i'll be hoping for snow for you!

& i'm embarassed to admit it, but i have never been to NYC. N HATES cities with a passion, so living in chicago was super hard for him & i doubt i'll ever convince him that a vaca to NY would be fun. alas for me! so i'll be living vicariously thru your trips, which i fully expect you to share with your blogging friends, at least via pictures! :)

Danifred said...

Biting the nose is fabulous!

I hope you get/ got tons of snow, keeping you stranded at home. You most definitely need a break!