Have you noticed that I use multiple periods frequently? Because clearly 1 at the end of my thought/statement is not enough. I use the tilde ~ quite a bit as well.
Anywho - I got a Z pack from the ENT on Friday, her exact words to me where "Don't fill this". Please do tell me, why on earth would you give me a script for something that has a higher chance of making me healthy then sitting on my ass, sucking down Robitussin and Nyquil and tell me not to fill it? I responded "OK" and promptly went to the pharmacy to fill it. I did however hold off until Saturday night (11pm) before breaking it out because I could not imagine continuing with the sickness taking over my being. By this morning I was definitely noticing improvements and tonight, other than a slight tickle making me cough and a little left over congestion I am feeling light years better. 2 more days to go though.
I do have a question for you though....(see there they are!) I guess it is mainly to you women that a) are married b)have been married c) have lived with a man for any duration of time...(!)
(?) Why when women get sick is it acceptable (expected) for us to get up with the kid at 7am, wash the dishes, do the laundry, entertain the kid, feed her 3 meals, come up with dinner ideas, throw work into the mix, and then repeat it all again the next day.
(?) But when HE gets sick it's ok to sleep until 4:30pm (OMFG!!) and then sit on the couch moaning until we (me and kid) go to sleep, and then get up the next morning and call his Mom to come get the kid so he can rest and proceed to sleep ALL day again. Meanwhile we women got up at 5:15 and went to work for an 11 hour day. WTF is wrong with women? Seriously?
Ok so clearly I am a little pissy with the hubs, no? I should also throw in here that all this time I was SICK as a DOG! And I snow blew the driveway myself both Saturday and Sunday. On Sunday I did with K in the back pack carrier (all 30lbs of her plus the extra 5lbs of her snow gear)....not bitter, really not.
______________________________________________
Tomorrow is my big day, my big interview(s) day. I've got to say, I got a bit deflated today. The one I love, the one that is outside my company, the one that has the most growth opportunities, sent me the benefits package today. I guess the one major perk to working for a huge cooperation is the benefits package. This smaller company has a really nice package, don't get me wrong, however Health insurance for my family would be $6000 more a year than I pay now. I would lose half of my vacation time too. And the salary would be equal (maybe) to what I make now. As much as it feels like a great fit, the right move, I am not sure I can sacrifice that much of an impact to my household budget AND personal time.
I am aware that leaving my company, if I chose to do that, will likely lead to me having to make some sacrifices, I mean come on who is going to hire me and give me 34 days of vacation? I get that. But sacrificing one thing is something worth considering. Not Sacrificing it all.
I am feeling really torn about this. I am going for the interview tomorrow and hoping that the stars align and that they love me enough to a) let me wait until 3/15 to start (I want to get my hard earned bonus before leaving!) b) want to pay me enough over what I make now to cover the added benefits c) maybe compromise on personal time?? That one I can let go if I had to, I am very spoiled with the amount of time off I get now, I know it.
Ugh life altering decisions suck......
4 comments:
I'm sick right now and have been since before Christmas. I'm finally going to the doctor today b/c vertigo has set in BIG TIME and it sucks.
I am still getting up and performing all of my "duties," but it sucks. Last night Husband tried to get up with our Night Terror Buddy (Matt), but he just wasn't doing it quickly enough for me, so I stumbled my Nyquil drunk ass in there and did it for him. He was all like, "I was trying to let you sleep" and I was like "really? Then you would have done it quicker!" Haha...what a Beeotch!
Get better soon...good luck on the interview!
I can totally relate. All three of us are sick with sinus crap and guess who tends to the little one? You guessed it. All the while I have also had a stomach bug.
Women are machines. No doubt about it. Men just aren't made like us.
Good luck with the interview. I know that the "right" decision will come to you!
Oh, how I could totally vent about the same thing about being sick. How about he left for another 2 weeks the 2nd day I was throwing, plus having to take care of our oldest who was also throwing up. Bitter, indeed, over here as well.
How did the interview go?
Yes, my husband sucks as a sick person. For him, the world should end.
Post a Comment