I am not much of a resolution type of a person. I think about behaviors that I would like to change or improve on and use the start of a new year as a good time to initiate the changes. I guess I am more of a goal setter.
In 2011 my goals are......
- To be happier in my job, whether that means finding a new one or accepting the one I have and making the best of a crappy situation.
- To spend more time with T and less time behind the laptop. It seems like we don't talk much anymore. And before we drift too far, we need to re-connect.
- To look into returning to school, even if it is for 1 class a semester.
- To appreciate what I have in my life, even the bad things, because they all form the person I am.
- To pay off a bit of debt....oh this one is probably the hardest of all for me.
- To read more and watch less (I took 2 books to bed with me last night. My goal is to finish them by Feb 15! Normally it would take me 6 months to finish 1).
- To use spell check less and a dictionary more.
- To maintain a focus on my health and form more consistency to my work outs.
Not bad right? Nothing unreasonable. All achievable goals without changing too much in my daily life. I have always noticed that people fail at their resolutions because they try to change too much of their normal routines/lifestyle and it is impossible to maintain such a huge structure change. Little changes, make huge impacts over time.
Have you decided to set any goals this year?
2 comments:
I didn't verbalize this on my blog, but I also need to spend more time reconnecting with my husband. He is a wonderful man that I don't want to lose touch with.
i never make resolutions, but this year mine is to have more sex. i figure if i pick something that i actually WANT to do, i'll make it happen. :)
Post a Comment