November 25, 2010

So much to be thankful for....

I know EVERYONE is talking about all they have to be thankful for, but really and truly, isn't this the true point of this day? To take one day out of our busy lives to think about the things we take for granted and realize just how fortunate we are?

Today I am thankful for:
  • Bath time with Little K
  • Reading Goodnight moon for the 378th time
  • Sitting in my bathrobe in the morning, drinking coffee and surfing blogs
  • Being fed soggy cheerios
  • A husband that sacrifices his opportunities of a career to stay home and raise our child
  • For my IRL friends. You support me through more than you realize.....
  • and my Bloggy friends. I never knew I could care so much about people I will likely never meet.
  • Poopy diapers, even the really stinky ones
  • My running sneakers
  • Our beautiful home
  • That our first baby, our 15 year old cat Face, still likes to snuggle in bed with us

Today I am thankful for:

  • Tripping over toys where ever I walk
  • Laundry that is piled up because I would rather play with my daughter
  • Dishes that have been soaking for days
  • Dust that has built up in my bedroom because it is the only room people don't see
  • Cat poop that is on the side of the house under the Holly bush
  • The batty mice that live in my garage

Today I am thankful for:

  • My Husband
  • My Daughter
  • My Mom
  • My Dad
  • My Grandparents, living and not
  • My Sister
  • My Niece

Today I am thankful to have so much in my life. Happy Thanksgiving~

3 comments:

Danifred said...

Happy, happy Thanksgiving to you!

kate said...

love this :)

& while i realize it's unlikely, i'd love to meet IRL one day. mostly bc i don't know many other people who are also thanksful for cat poop & endless recitals of goodnight moon. ;)

hope you enjoyed your turkey!

Carrie Ann said...

Great post! I totally agree with the housework stuff - you sound just like me (and our piles of laundry and dust are identical!!!) Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.