Do you have any nearby your home? I suppose you could qualify Ocean State Job Lot or Dollar stores as junk stores too. We have this one in the next town over, the town I grew up in, it is famously known in these parts. Many people CANNOT drive through this part of the state without visiting it. We stop in there when we need some random item or need to replenish batteries (seriously you can buy 24 AA batteries for 2.99!), coffee filters, aluminum pans, stuff like that. They also get a lot of items that are ready to expire like crackers, cookies, etc, all stuff that is still good for a while but name stores can't sell.
The things that they are really well known for are there supply of SERIOUSLY discounted Dickies and kids toys.
I took Little K in there today for her first time as a walker. She had her flu shot this afternoon and was such a good girl (she didn't cry at all, when the nurse gave her the shot she turned to her and said in a loud voice "Hey!") I decided to buy her a prize. So we went in to "Town Auction Sales" and I directed her to the toy aisle. It was great!
My kid, she does not head for the baby dolls, the dress up clothes, the princess tiara's....nope, she heads for the plastic snakes, construction hats, farms and trucks...in the end she picked out a Melissa and Doug train set (for $14.99!) and I grabbed a few puzzles and food sets (all M&D) for $4.99 a piece for xmas, birthday and random winter boredom toys.
As we were heading to the register to pay we ran into a tall handsome man.....Daddy! He was stopping in to buy batteries!
Do you have a favorite junk store? What do you generally go there for?
2 comments:
I love Tuesday Morning. I always find something I love there!
Karianne, what was that little store in Hebron between Amston Lake and the intersection of Rt 66? It was on the right side about a half mile past Rt 207. Great junk store!
Post a Comment