T has a new toy! Do you like her?

I was reviewing our past few years household bill totals (because I am a numbers person and super anal I keep our bills on a spreadsheet and have the last 10 years!) Over the past 3 winters of living in our house I found that I have spent over $500 per winter season on snow removal. And in some cases when we get less than a couple of inches I would shovel (yes me..) before the plow got here so that I wouldn't have to pay. We have been looking online and in the papers for a used snow blower for weeks. The really good ones were always gone before we got to them and the rest were just crap.
We have a new "Sears Hometown Store" in the next town and in their flyer for the past few weekends has had this snow blower for around $600. Well this weekend it was down to $539 if you open a sears card. Not that I wanted a sears card, but whatever. So we decided to bite the bullet and go buy a new one!
Now I can't wait for it to Snow!!
While there we were looking at other appliances. When we bought our house we sold the washer and dryer that we had in our apartment to the landlord and bought new ones. Just regular old washer and dryer, not the new fancy smanshy kind. Well I HATE my washer. So much so that I would almost rather go to the laundry mat. They had this pair on sale for $730, the front loader washer dryer combo. I was drooling. I spent that much on the set I have now, you know the ones I HATE! So I did a bit of probing (1 b or 2?) and the sales guy said that there was a really good chance they would be even lower on black Friday.....
I am NOT a BF shopper. But if I can get a new combo, a high efficiency, energy star, front loader set...I may have to bite the bullet...
3 comments:
you have to pay to get your driveway/sidewalk plowed???
My dad buys them used and fixes them up. He made sure his was up and running before he went to Iowa thank God! Now if only WI weather would settle on a season!
i have dreams about the front loading washer and dryers....::DROOL::
seriously? you have everything on a spreadsheet? i'm so stuck on this i may not be able to comment on your snowblower. a spreadsheet? really? i don't know if i'm envious of your organization or a little scared of you. or both. ;)
AWESOME!!! My husband would be SO jealous!
Post a Comment