I haven't seen much of T over the past couple of days as we have been working opposite shifts. Today we managed to sit down for 20 mins before he took off to work for the night and I whized through the happenings of the weekend. I told him the story about Allison, expect I lost it, completely broke down. I can't get out of my head thoughts of her waiting for me to call, yesterday, 20 years ago. And maybe she didn't, maybe her short term memory isn't great, but if it is....ugh I feel horrible.
This encounter is sticking with me, big time.
4 comments:
I hope you and T get some more alone time or even a date night soon!
I'm so sorry you're still struggling with this. I hope you find some peace soon.
((hugs)) i'm sorry this is making you hurt. in case it helps-- i have an adult cousin who sounds alot like allison, & while she loves to see people & recieve phone calls, etc, it also doesn't bother her when people don't call bc she quite honestly jsut doesn't remember. i bet you gave allison a happy occasion to talk about by saying hi to her the other day, & i hope that thought helps bring you some peace.
~hugs~
Post a Comment