Several years ago when my Grandmother went into a convalescent home permanently she divided up her personal belongings to family members. Just her collectibles. I took her Byer's Carolers.
I have very found memories of my Grandma's house at the holidays. It was PERFECT. Her tree was beautiful, her decorations were flawless. In addition to her Carolers she also had the snow village pieces. It must have taken her weeks to decorate.
Her Carolers have sat in my attic for 3 years and previously in my storage room in my apartment. I decided that this year I would pull them out and set them up in my house. I am fairly certain I am missing several pieces, I may be able to track them down with one of my Uncles.
While setting them up I came to a realization.....they are ugly as shit! For real. Judge for yourself!
5 comments:
they look like they'll come alive and whip out shiny knives... :D
Okay, I have always found those things weird. And, for the amount of money they cost, I am always amazed at the quality... aren't they filled with Styrofoam?
There's a part of me that finds them creepy in the come-alive-at-night sense. But really, if they bring back happy memories of your grandma then that should over-power everything else. Otherwise, you could try to get on "Antiques Roadshow"! You never know!
LOL!!!
But, it's tradition;)
um. yeah. i love christmas & christmas decorations generally... but those are seriously freaky.
Post a Comment