...or so one would believe based on my ticker to the right...did you see it? I have 0 weeks and 0 days left. So does that mean I am having a baby today? Most likely the answer to that is no...and what the heck will happen to it tomorrow?
Pregnancy lasts an average of 280 days. That's 40 weeks or exactly 10 lunar months (lunar months are 28 days).......
I have been waiting for this day, today, February 1, 2009, for 252 days! 36 weeks! 9 exact lunar months.....
I tested positive for this pregnancy on 5/25/08. I was super duper hung over after our kick ass Memorial day BBQ and was convinced that all the beer I drank made it positive....yup, cause that happens (lol). So I tested again that night and took the always saved till last, the coveted digital test the next day....all were positive, before I told T.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Every book, every article you read. Every Dr. you speak to. Every previously pregnant woman that gives you advise....all will tell you "Do not hold onto your Due Date. It means no more than the fact that you will have a baby somewhere within 4 weeks of that date" But when you are given that date it is like finding the golden ticket in the chocolate bar...the countdown begins.
I didn't listen to them...my calendar for today has in big writing on it "Baby Rand Due!".
As uncomfortable as I am, I really don't want to be induced..the pain associated with all the added drugs just sounds horrible and I want this little one to have the chance to do things on their own. However I am worried that if I do not begin to labor on my own before my appointment on Thursday that my Dr. is going to make the suggestion that we begin induction. I guess it will all depend on what the Non Stress test shows.
My other fear is that this "little one" is becoming a "big one" the longer s/he remains in there! When we saw the U/S a couple weeks back (checking the head position) the head appeared huge! T joked and said "Oh no, it has my big ole Swedish head" SHIT is all I could think/say. His head is really fucking big! (finding baseball caps is very difficult for him) And if my baby's head is really fucking big I need to squeeze that out....oh shit....
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
So I leave you today with the fact that today is my EDD (Estimated Due Date), there are no signs of labor beginning at this point in the day (9:34am).....I will update this post later today with my 40 Week picture (so if you are here now...come back later too)
3 comments:
Don't start panicing about head size. I won't lie - it's hard, but you can't do anything about it. Remember at my 37w u/s, karl's head was measuring 41w, yet I still got it out. The only thing you have to remember is it's your BONE structure that you have to worry about. Doesn't matter if you are a skinny girl or a girl with a small vagina who only can use slim tampons (which is me) - My bone sturcture gave me hips that widened for childbirth, so I was able to deliver. And even with 3 babies ranging from 7 1/2 lbs - 8 1/2 lbs, I was able to get them out withOUT episiotomy ~nor~ tearing or ripping. When you are delivering, as your doc to keep you stretched in between contractions. It sucks and I hated my doctor in the moment each time, but that little trick saved me from any issue down below. It's worth it!
I'm so excited for you. Have you set up an email addy for your blog so you can text to it during labor? :)
stil thinking labor vibes for you girl, & hoping that baby rand decides to get things moving on his/her own!
I hope you go into labor naturally so you don't have to get induced, since you DON'T want that! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
Post a Comment