...so I took a day off from reading, writing, speaking and commenting.. It helped me clear my mind.
I really want all of this to end in as "natural" (I will be taking the drugs) as possible and want to do what is best for my baby and my body...it is just really hard when to stay positive at this point, especially if you are like me and belong to a couple of message boards...where the women due 2-3 weeks after me are already delivering their babies. It brings me back to when I was trying to get pregnant and I would see all these women getting their accidental positive tests or one cycle and wham we are pregnant! Not that it took me a long time, but when you are trying every month is a long time...
Anyway...thanks for your comments and your patience with me..
WARNING TMI to follow...
I haven't been feeling well the past few days...digest issues on both ends (we'll leave it at that). T and the cat also haven't been feeling well so I figured we all have a bit of a bug or something...but in the back of my mind know that often digest issues are a sign of labor coming...When I woke up this morning I sat up on the side of the bed for a few minutes, stretching my legs and hands, acclimating to the new day....when suddenly "goosh" I felt this wet rush between my legs. I reached down and my fingers were instantly wet! I stood up frightened almost and ran to the bathroom.
I do not think my water broke (but god that would be F'ing great!) but DO think I lost my plug finally. It was a small amount of fluid (mostly clear with a tinge of yellow and red) and some mucous. I am totally aware that losing your plug means a whole lotta nothing, but at this stage of the "game" I am psyched that it happened!
Someone who knows something here...correct me if I am wrong...but in order to lose your plug doesn't your cervix need to be dilating? Which causes it to fall (slip) out? Or could you still be totally closed up tight and lose your plug?
So anyway, I was shocked and excited at the same time. But am remaining calm...I put on a panty liner to monitor if I am "leaking" at all. If I see any more fluid come out, I am calling the Dr. to ask if it could have been my water breaking..but like I said it wasn't a huge amount of fluid...but it wasn't a tiny amount either...
We'll see....
2 comments:
Karrianne...if you lose your plug you are dilating! and if you lose a lot at once, you probably have dilated quite a bit. (I lost it little by little and was dilating slowly)...but usually it is just the mucous...no fluid. You may want to put a call in and see what the doc says about it. Or at least watch for anymore leaking. I know you know this...but most women lose fluid slowly when the water bag breaks. So pay attention!!! I am getting so excited for you.
Oh my!! Go lay down for about 15 minutes, and get back up. If you have another gush it is your water. The color has me a little concerned, so I would call your Dr just to be safe. Also did you do the sniff test, fluid kinda smells like comet.
Post a Comment