February 11, 2009

Pictures!!!

I posted some pics of Kira's first few days here.

She has been FABULOUS during the hours of 6am and 10pm...and then all hell breaks loose from 11-5 ! She is super fussy at night, won;t be put down, won;t sleep, just eats and cries...

I was able to get a 2 hour nap yesterday when we came home. My MIL and T hung out with her and took care of dishes and stuff while I tried to get some shut eye.

T was really sick last night, cold sweats, crampy legs, migraine..(you'd think he had the baby!) so he slept most of the night while I was up with her. Although we did get a nice round of sleep this morning. I fed her at 4am and she was out like a light until almost 9am! I actually had to wake her up cause I knew her diaper had to be soaked...and it was.

Once again she is out cold after eating this morning. I will be getting her up soon to do a change and feeding just to have you crash again :) During that nap...I'll be sleeping too. Hard to believe that this little person takes SO much energy out of a person!

Enjoy the pics.

8 comments:

Chele76 said...

yea pics! :)

Kate said...

she is SOO CUTE! what a pretty baby! :) eventually she'll figure out her days & nights, but until then, i hope you're able to catch some z's!

Kim said...

She is so cute!!

Morgan Owens said...

ohh she is just too precious! congrats!!

Liz said...

I LOVE the "My First Night" picture--so adorable!

Get some rest!

Elana Kahn said...

She is gorgeous! I love the pics!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures...she's adorable!!

nancy said...

Wait a minute. You have a newly born, breastfed baby and she slept for FIVE hours? What the fuck? Totally not fair!

(and just an fyi - don't let her go longer than that - even 5 hours is quite a long time for a newborn. I'm sure you know this, so I apologize if you do, but breastfed babies are perfectly content to sleep while literally starving themselves. So you must wake them to eat, especially in these first few weeks when weight gain is so important. Personally, I wouldn't let my newborns sleep more than 3-4 hours.)