I have hinted that I had some news brewing, baking, stewing..... for a while now. I mentioned it way back in January and again at the end of May. Are you ready? Nah- I don't think you are!
We're having a baby!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Here's the story:
On New Years Eve 2007 T and I were sitting around watching The Office on DVD. I was drinking....something....alcoholic, and I just blurted it out, out of no where, totally caught him off guard........
"I think we should have a Baby.............................................................."
Silence, utter and complete silence.
Then of course I begin again......
"You don't have to react or respond right now, you need to think about it, I understand, but you need to know that I have thought about this for, oh my god, like a year, and well I feel like we need to get on it now.
For years we have said "We will never have kids. We are too selfish for kids" I can't be to proud to go back on my word and I know we have told everyone forever that we would NEVER have children, but damn it I changed my mind."
More silence............................then I hit play on the DVD player and the night continued with The Office and no more talk of babies.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Days later over dinner, I got up the nerve to bring it up again.
K: "So you've had a couple of days to think about it, do you have anything to say?"
T: "Oh Shit"
K: "Oh Shit? Ok that's fair. Now can you use your big boy words?"
So then we had the talk. The "our lives will change" talk, the "you'll be a stay at home Dad" talk, the "this is way easier than a puppy" talk.
And it was decided, we were going to try to have a baby. Oh My God, did I just say that? So of course the next steps were to stop the Birth Control, go on vitamins, get all the Pre-Natal testing done, go to the dentist, etc.....all these things that go into actually preparing to have a baby vs. an OOP's moment.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
5/28/08
Now here I am nearly 6 months later telling you all about it.
Are you aware of how difficult it is to actually get pregnant? It is like really hard! I am not sure how all these teens and drunk couples nail it (pun intended) so easily. There are really only like 24-48 hours in your cycle that you are fertile and can get your egg fertilized. 2 days would seem like plenty of time, but it is a really tight window of time.
So now onto today (5/28)...I had bloodwork completed yesterday because I had several positive home pregnancy tests over the Holiday weekend (you see when you get 1 positive you have to pee on like 10 more to really feel confident).
To test positive on this brand of HPT your HCG levels need to be 25ml. My blood HCG levels were 172. Is that good? I think so, seeing as though I am only like 4 weeks pregnant right now. I go again tomorrow for another test and the goal is that the numbers at least double. Of course I will add to this post once I get the results........
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
5/30/08
I have my 2nd set of Beta numbers back.......369!! In less than 48 hours they more than doubled (yee haw!). I will repeat the test once more either on Sat or Mon, depending on the labs hours and if they continue to rise we schedule an Ultra Sound to determine how far along I am.
Holy Crap! I'm pregnant!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
5/31/08
Went out to a movie last night (see previous post about it) and was very emotional during the viewing.....maybe it has to do with the pregnancy hormones? My friend did not shed even one tear. Either I am a hormonal pregnant sap or she is cold hearted......not sure which it is....maybe both?
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
6/30/08
So my 3rd beta numbers are in........(drum roll).......they are 2952! I expected that they would at least be 1500, but 2952 is double that!
You see your beta pretty much doubles every 48 hours for the first few weeks, then it slows to every 72, to every 96, etc...
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
5/31/08
Here I am 4weeks and 4 days....just a bit bloated, no baby belly yet!
.jpg)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++I have my first Ultra Sound scheduled for 6/13/08, yeah yeah, Friday the 13th!!! I t is actually a lucky day for some of us. I have always enjoyed Friday the 13th. Hopefully we will then get to hear a heart beat...or two (OMG!) and find out my due date. I am guessing I am due around 2/4/09.
T is coming with me, just in time for fathers day....
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
6/13/08
We have a Heart Beat! We had our first US done today. Such a relief. We were able to see the lima bean that is sprouting in my stomach. Literally, it looks like a lima bean...just look at it!
I am 6Weeks and 4Days preggo ( I thought I was 6Weeks exactly so score 4 days for me!). The baby's heart rate is currently 122BPM (Beats per minute) and my EDD (estimated due date) is 02/02/09...holy crap that is a LONG time away! It is 234 more days!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I am sorry that you are not reading this on 6/13/08, but I have to tell my mother in law before I tell all of you....and since I am still early, well I need to wait just a little while longer share.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
7/23/08
Jump ahead an entire month!! I had my 12 week check up yesterday and all looks good, so I am ready to tell you, my blogging friends.
I have gained NO WEIGHT (YEE HAW!), but am starting to have a little bit of a belly.
I have not told my employees yet, that will come Friday, once I do that the world will know for sure (at least the work world) so those of you that read this that I do work with,,,consider yourselves lucky to hear the news first! Please don't share with anyone "work related" until next week! (Thanks!)
The baby's heart rate has been pretty consistent at 168-170 BPM. There is an old wives tale that says if the BPM are greater than 150 it is a girl and less than 150 it's a boy. So T is pretty convinced we're having a girl...me not so much yet. We will not find out the sex until she/he joins us!
4 comments:
WOOOHOOO!!!!!
My thoughts were right, but I didn't want to steal any thunder. I'll keep my mouth quiet around there until you are ready to say the words.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! :D
Chele- I don't see a way to change the date :( Oh well! At least you taught me how to link to older posts!
I KNEW it!! I'm so damn intuitive. I'm a woman, what can I say. ;-)
YAY!!! CONGRATS!!! I can't believe you were able to keep that quiet! I would have bursted on my blog MONTHS ago.
And damn, do I EVER know how hard it is to get preggo...ugh...I am so super impatient!
Congrats!!!!!
I knew that was your secret!!
I can't wait to hear all about it...
Post a Comment