February 4, 2009

I'm tired....

...of sleeping. I know I will so *regret* that statement soon, but the reality is, that all I feel like I do is sleep right now. It's not like I can bank it for later and pull out parts from reserve when I need it. I am just doing it out of boredom.

I am asleep most nights by 11 or 12 and don't get up most mornings until 10 or 11. Granted I am peeing like once ever 90 mins, but I do that in a sleep mode. I don't need to fully wake to go into the bathroom.

Sorry about the false alarm last night..I really thought "something" was happening. I began to get these different feelings. The pains were starting in my upper-inner thigh/hip joint areas and radiating into my lower belly. It was a very hot, very tight pain. It would stop my in my tracks for a good 50 seconds...and then go away for about 14 mins before returning again...this went on for a couple of hours and then just stopped....

Please don't comment back to me that my body is "practicing or warming up" because I am done with the practice rounds already..I just want to play the F'ing game now. I appreciate that my body is preparing, but enough is enough. I have been having these f'ing cramps and contraxs for nearly a month or more already.

If nothing happens today we go to the Dr. tomorrow morning and I think I am going to cave in and actually request and induction ~shudder~. The ONLY reason I am considering this is because I have a feeling there will be complications (such as the need for delivery assistance or C section) and my Dr. is the delivery Dr. until Sunday night, after that it is her partner. After spending 9 months with my Dr. I would just feel SO SO much better having complications (or a nice easy birth) with her by my side than her partner.

Don't get me wrong, her partner is really nice too. But I don't "know" her. If I were a new patient as of today I would have structured my appt schedule to see them both equally, but that's not how it was for me. People keep telling me "when the time comes you won't care who is delivering you" well I think that is bullshit-sorry but my blog my thoughts. To me that's like saying I could have another women's husband come in, hold my hand and count for me, cause at the moment it won't matter. I feel like I need to be with the two people I trust the most in this particular situation....

Anyway, so as I said, if nothing happens on it's own today, I may be requesting and induction tomorrow. No matter what she already said she would induce me by 2/11 (when she is not the delivery Dr.) so at this point what is a couple of days?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally understand about the Dr. delivering you, that is why I ended up getting induced. My Dr. said "anyone can catch a baby but its not as pleasant" , he was going to be out of town and didn't want us to end up with a stranger.

It sounds like those contractions are getting more promising, but I won't give you the "your body is practicing" because when it is "pacticing" for months enough already.

kate (katiewar)

Kate said...

i say go for it tomorrow karianne! if you'll feel more comfortable with your doc (& who wouldn't?) then its worth it. & it's not like you want to induce early! you've been such a trooper & lord knows you're ready to meet that baby! will be hoping she says you can go for it at your appt...

Anonymous said...

You have to do what YOU feel comfortable doing...don't worry about others opinions. If you want to induce and have your trusted, familiar doctor by your side...it's ALL about what you want so I say go for it!!

P.S. THANK YOU about the pillow offer! I will gladly take you up on that! Let me see if I can find your email address in my old emails...

Anonymous said...

I think you should ask for an induction...but what you describe sound like REAL contractions not "practice" ones. So my guess is today or tomorrow.

To A T said...

I would SO be bothered if another doc delivered me. When we lost our son 4 years ago, I wanted NO ONE but my doc in there (well besides Batman) and honestly I felt so much better knowing he was in there instead of one of his many partners! I so get what you mean!

Anonymous said...

Hope something happens for ya soon! I'm sure I'd be eager to meet my little one too :)