February 18, 2009

Windows...

No one told me that life would be lived in 3 hour windows once I had a baby. I have to accomplish anything I need to get done in this very short period of time.

Here is my typical day during the past 10 days......

Kira gets her diaper changed....Kira gets a bottle....Kira takes about 30 minutes to eat 3oz......Kira falls asleep immediately following bottle (or as I call it goes into her "Coma")....Kira sleeps for 2-3 hours (on a rare occasion 4 hours).

During those 2-3 hours I should be taking a nap...but I am not. I am doing laundry, dishes, taking a shower, folding clothes, making bottles...the list goes on.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I successfully ventured out of the house with her, alone, on my 3rd day home. We had to take a trip to the Hospital to pick up some bottle nipples (there was a couple of days where the only nipples she would take were the ones from the Hossy), stopped to visit my sister and her co-workers at the bank, and went to Marshall's to get her some girl clothes. By the time I was in line at Marshall's she was starting to get really fussy. I crossed my fingers and hoped to make it home (30 mins away) before she flipped out. Luckily she LOVES the car and passed out right away.

Other than that trip her only other out of the house experiences have been to her 1st Dr. appt (she weighed 1oz more than birth weight at 4 days old!) and to drop my car off at the garage for work on Sunday...otherwise it has just been to damn cold to venture out. We will be doing a little more next week, especially since my Mom is here and it makes it a lot easier with two of us.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

She is pretty much a really good baby. She has NO routine at this point. Each day is different from the one before. The only consistency is that she is a fussy little witch daily from 7-10. No matter what her day was like, we can count on her crying (more like SCREAMING bloody murder) for those hours. T is the only one that can calm her at that time, so he is on daddy duty nightly during the witching hours. (I think by that time of the day she is so sick of me!)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I have been trying to update Flickr every couple of days. I will make sure to get more out there over the next day or two...I have some funny pics of the family (T, Me, Kira and Cat) all cuddled on the couch, Kira sleeping on Mommy's chest (the only place she would sleep all day today)...as well as just random shots of her from each day. Gotta love digital!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So I guess that's it for now, sorry for the lack of commenting...I have not read any blogs in like 5 days. I hope to get online a little more tomorrow (T and Mom will both be home all day) and catch up..Miss you all~

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Glad to hear you are doing pretty well (expect for those few hours). It only gets better and better, and easier and easier each day!

Amanda said...

BTW...that cupcake hat is the cutest flippin thing I have ever seen!

Chele76 said...

keep chugging along mama - souinds like you're doing great!

That's impressive that you've already made it out on a few excursions with the baby. Go you and your mama self :)

We miss you KK!!!!

Anonymous said...

So glad things are going well! I giggled at "the witching hour". LOL Now I'm off to look at your pics!! :-)

Kate said...

i am so impressed you made it out of the house on day 3... way to go supermom! :) am off to look at pics, & hope you're hanging in there!

nancy said...

You are lucky for getting 3-4 hours of sleep. The majority of new mothers don't get that much out of their babies. Consider yourself VERY lucky.

And you are in the newborn honeymoon right now. In about 2 more weeks, you'll find out what kind of baby you really have. :)

To A T said...

She is just precious!!

Glad you are doing well so far :)

Cheysu said...

Um... I'm pretty sure I told you about that 2 hour window... but no one actually gets it until they're there. :)
Congrats on getting out of the house already! That's awesome!