February 5, 2009

Mundane existence...

It's too early to be up....but I just can't sleep.

I feel like a girl that is about to start my first day of school, a first job, taking a long anticipated trip......nervous, anxious, excited. And for what? For the slight hope that I may be granted the right to meet my baby today or tomorrow...

T took me out last night to the mall. Now any of you that know him IRL would know that the Mall is not a place he elects to visit. But I was super stir crazy yesterday after enduring yet another snow storm this week and needed to walk it off.

We started off at Barnes and Noble to finish spending our gift cert from BIL...In total we managed to get 1 book (what to expect the first year), 7 CD's (3 Steven Stills, 1 Neil Young, 1 Bruce Springsteen, 1 Gary Louris/Mark Olsen, and I am drawing a blank on the 7th...), 1 DVD of O'Brother where art thou, and seasons 3 and 4 of the office....all of this for $2.97 out of pocket...not a shabby xmas gift if you ask me!

After the book store we headed over to the main mall area. I had 2 items in mind I wanted...new slip on shoes (I had seen a kiosk there a few weeks ago that had the ones I wanted in black) and maybe some Red Zinger or Raspberry leaf tea (OWT's to get labor started)....finding neither. We walked the mall twice and had dinner at California Pizza Kitchen. By the time we finished dinner I was having those upper leg/lower pains again, so we crawled our way back through the mall to the car and headed home. The rest of the night was SUPER uneventful...

People just keep calling, texting, emailing me wanting to know "Where's the baby" "What is the hold up" and giving me all the *advice* I have heard 500000000 times...have sex, drink tea, go for walks, clean the car, etc....yeah yeah yeah...do you really think I have not tried like everything (other than the castor oil thing). All it does is piss me off more that I haven't gone into labor myself. I know they are anxious too...but hello people, do you think I am not? I am nearly a week over due. And those of you that know me IRL...know I HATE to be late for ANYTHING so my lack of control over this is F'ing killing me!

I think I am done responding...let them think I am labor.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have 2 favorite calls from the time before my darling decided he was ready to see the world.

1. My now ex-MIL - 4th call the SAME DAY btw - my response "Yes Linda, we had the baby a week ago and didn't call you" click

2. Friend's sister - I'm on the way to pee for the 500th time this one day, pass the phone and it rings grab it and almost immediately hang up on her. My water broke as I was standing there. If she hadn't called, I wouldn't have known cause it wasn't a lot and I would have been peeing!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh hun it must be hard waiting and waiting. I was fed up with waiting at 39 weeks so I can't imagine going past my due date. Anyway, all I can say is good luck. And if you find it at all encouraging...I will say agian, what you describe sounds like the contrax I felt in labor, so I am sure they are doing something for you!

Kate said...

poor karianne... for your sake & the sake of the world at large, i hope that at your appt your doc will agree to induce you. i'm so uncomforatable now, i can't imagine being pg for 41 weeks... keeping figners crossed you get your wish soon!

nancy said...

It's your first pregnancy hun, you have a week and a half when it's still normal to give birth. Stop answering the phone.