Had my appts today...and now I am home.
The Non Stress test looked good, baby is very happy where he or she resides and has NO plans on making an entrance anytime soon....Doctor checked me, cervix is still not dilated at all. She said it is a little soft, but not really worth mentioning...
We are planning on beginning the induction process next week (wed night). As long as no medically necessary births bump me out of the list I will be admitted at some point on Wed and get a Foley catheter, then on Thursday they will begin the induction with pitocin, then I should have the baby by Friday...or a c-section would take place then. She agreed to come in and deliver me. Gave me her cell and beeper number and promised to be the one to be there with me, so I agreed to waiting until next week. Maybe I will luck out and my cervix will begin to cooperate......maybe
Figures, my Mom will be here Sat (2/14). And I planned it so that T and I would have hopefully had a baby at home for at least a few days to get used to it without a house full of people...and now I won't even be out of the hospital when she gets here!
I am very upset, very emotional, in a lot of pain....just want to be done with this. I will be taking a couple days off from the phones and internet..I need to clear my mind and get myself back into a stable emotional state....
11 comments:
You poor thing. :-( I would be just as frazzled as you! Take that break, relax and don't worry about the internet/phones/whatever. You deserve it!
Pitocin = DEVIL JUICE. You will be so happy you waited because the less ready you are, the more pitocin they will use and the harder your labor will be. By waiting, you'll be more ready, meaning your body will be more receptive. I fucking HATE pictocin and hope to god you don't have ot experience it. Hopefully you will go into labor on your own before that. Or they'll break your water and it'll contract on its own. You do ~not~ want pitocin, so I am VERY PROUD of you for waiting.
Ugh I'm so sorry! I'm rootin' for you!!!
(((HUGS))) Sorry that little one is not ready to come out yet. Stubborn little bugger.
Keeping you in my thoughts and still sending you tons of eviction vibes!
(((HUGS))) I didn't have a really bad experience with pitocin. It makes it a little stronger, but it was still manageable for me. Anyway, I hope that stubborn baby decides to surprise you and come before then.
((HUGS)) I am sorry you had such a shitty appointment. Take all the time you need we (lol speaking for people I don't know) will be here when you come back.
I do agree with Nancy pit is horrible horrible crap. I hope you don't have to go that route.
Labor vibes water breaking vibes or whatever else you need!
I have been in your shoes, it sucks big ol monkey balls.
of course like amanda said - it's not bad for everyone. But I can say it's bad if your body is not ready. The less ready, the more pitocin. The more ready, the less pitocin. This is why some women don't think it's bad - most likely because they had just a tiny bit administered. Max out on pitocin and I can pretty much promise you it won't be fun.
Amanda - were you effaced/dilated at all? Mine was horrible because I was NOT READY one teensy bit. 0% effaced. Closed up tight. They had to use SO MUCH and once the labor was going, it was just terrible because it was completely regulated by the pitocin.
Hang in there girl, I'll be thinking about you this weekend!
Thinking about you and sending calm, relaxing, stress-free thoughts your way
Post a Comment