December 4, 2010

Saturday snuggles....

Between Little K and I, we've been sick for nearly 2 weeks now. She started with the pukeys, then got better. 2 days after she was well, I got the pukeys. Yesterday was the first day I felt somewhat human and even left the house for a few hours. But by the end of the day I was wiped out. Now she is sneezing, coughing, eyes watering, boogies dripping from the nose...needless to say there will be lots of nose wiping and hand washing around here today.

The hard part is that she is so so so snuggly. All she wants to do is give me hugs, sit in my lap, get carried, snuggle on the couch, etc. Which is wonderful, minus the snotty nose germs she is spreading to me....the one that can not miss anymore work this year. The one that has to be well enough to work another 18 days this month. Luckily I have the option to work from home more than my one allotted day if needed, but still. I do not want to be sick. Blech.

______________________________________________________


I am fairly certain my Xmas shopping is 90% done! And 80% wrapped! Little K is more than done. For a Mom that says "she doesn't even know it's xmas, why bother buying her anything" I sure did buy her a lot of crap! Last night Daddy went shopping and bought her a guitar! She loves to play his guitar with him, he went on a search and found a child's guitar. It is going to be hard keeping him from giving it to her early! Other folks that are DONE: My Sister's family gift, Sister and Niece's individual gift, MIL, Mom and Dad (even packaged and ready to ship today!), my Grandparents, my work peers and bosses, our friends little kids L, P and Z......also T and Little K's stockings are stuffed!

Still need to buy : Individual gift for both BIL's (although T is tasked with this), One or two small items for T

I must admit I am pleased with my completed selections! So excited for Xmas this year. Hoping Little K is as into it as I am.

_____________________________________________________________


Rudolf was on the other night did you watch it? Well it did not start until 8pm, which is 30-45 mins past Little K's bedtime. But I pushed bath time off and brought her into our bedroom to watch it. (I should note that she has never slept with us in bed, nor do we practice allowing her to snuggle in our bed. We are pretty adamant that our bedroom is our sanctuary) She LOVED it. Granted she only made it 30 minutes into it before she was so tired that she began slapping herself in the head to stay awake (queue to Mommy that someone MUST go to bed). But for the 30 mins she was there she was mesmerized by the program.

Now we are faced with the challenge that every night since, at bedtime, she has a complete hissy fit to go in our bedroom and watch TV! We have not caved, but it has certainly made our peaceful bedtime routine a bit traumatic lately. I am hoping that by us sticking to our guns her urge to flip out will pass sooner than later.....Ugh

____________________________________________________________


And finally some cuteness of my girl......



4 comments:

Melis.sa said...

She's getting so big!!

I hope you guys get better soon! E is finally almost over the runny nose, boogers every where. I can't wait!

Unknown said...

hi! Thanks for checking out my blog! :) I am now following yours! :)

And glad I could pre-warn you about the bubble gum coffee creamer!!!

iiri said...

No more sickies! Ugh! I hate it when I'm sick,t hen the kids, then I catch it, and then the kids...it's a nasty cycle.

I am just starting out shopping, and no one is near the done I would like, but we decided that with last minute issues (new tires, and a water pump out of nowhere on both counts) a small christmas is fine by us, so maybe?

Good luck with the bedtime thing (We missed Rudolf though, but we have it on DVD, so can watch it at any point.....wait, is there a way you could incorporate a few minutes on a 'public' TV for her before bedtime? To 'ease' the transition?)

SHe is so cute too! I love the pic of her peeking through the tree :D

Danifred said...

The second picture is awesome! I've done all my easy shopping, but still have so much to do, especially for my husband. I'm thinking of one or two big gifts this year to make it so much easier.