- Holiday Lunch - organized and paid for my the management team.
- Adopt-a-family - I was handed cash and asked to shop, which in the end means I end up putting in more than I planned, never mind the amount of time I give up to shop...oh yeah and how about the fact that I also bought all the wrapping paper, tape, bows...
- Individual gifts for my team members - Now I should say right here that I did not plan to buy them gifts since I paid for them to attend the Holiday lunch, but we had an occurrence at work last week where I felt like a complete asshole and so I went out and bought them each gifts.
- Gifts for my peers (the leadership team) - minimal amount spent on these, except my boss (who rocks)
- Work potluck - signed up for an entree (dumb ass) so now I have to buy all the crap to make it!
- cookie swaps - because I make kick ass - yes that is right, my cookies kick ass - I am requested to participate in multiple swaps each year. I often try to decline, but get bullied into it.
Do you all get sucked into this stuff too? While all of the above items make me feel great about being in the spirit, they are breaking the bank.
2 comments:
Girl, I hear you. By the time the co-workers gifts, teacher gifts, potluck food, etc., etc., is purchased it totally adds up. Honestly, it makes me a little sick to think of all the money we spend this time of year.
not so much on the work front here, since i stay home, but family does tend to spend every single holiday & all the days leading up to said holiday at our house. & of course we feed everyone, so yeah... it adds up. i love doing it, i just wish it weren't so pricey. & it's N who gets roped into making 8 dozen cakes each christmas, so that part i don't mind all that much! ;)
& yes, your cookies kick ass. i'm drooling a little jsut thinking of them....
Post a Comment