September 6, 2010

Weekend recap....

Holy crap am I exhausted, sore, and SICK!!!! Seriously though, why are all weekends not 3 days? It just seems like 3 days is a good fit. You are able to actually enjoy yourself, relax, and re-energize adequately....

After my all day paint a thon on Friday, I kicked back with my feet up and enjoyed a cold beer with my diner - which was Chinese take out.

Little K and I were supposed to leave Saturday am bright and early to head off to her Me and my Shadow class.....we made it on time however we (I) slept late (8:15!) and had to rush around and hit the road. The class was interesting......I guess the point is to build routine, patience, and stability. After the 45 min session I was drenched with sweat, for real, it was a wicked work out for me (and mind you I hit the gym on average 3x's a week). Little K had a couple near melt downs, but was able to pull it together in the end. She gets SO excited to play with other kids, she was jumping on the trampoline and squealing so loud! I have no pictures because I gave the camera to my MIL and she F*ed up and only got flash on glass shots. This weekend I will take a few shots myself.

Saturday night I dumped the kid and hubby and headed out to the casino with my buddy Rose. We had a nice dinner, a few drinks and lost a few bucks (me, not her..she won).

Sunday, T and I spent the ENTIRE DAY digging dirt and ricks, loading wheel barrows, lugging it into the woods...repeat 875,921 times.....we are in the process of trying to refinance our mortgage and before the assessment takes place we are trying to pretty up the "curb appeal" so we dug up the front flower beds in preparation of planting new shrubs, greenery, and flowers. Little K was in "anti nap" mode so she played out in the yard while we worked. I turned on the sprinkler and she warmed up to it after a while and pretty much spent the rest of the day between there and the driveway with chalk.

Monday was the last day of the "long" weekend. Little K and I headed out early and wen to the outlets to get her seized for shoes and get her some fall/winter jammies. The kid has my feet! She has 1 foot (right) at a 6.5 and the other at a 6. I had to get her 3 new pairs of shoes in a size 7! Doesn't that seem big? She slept for a total of 18 mins in the car and then hit the "anti nap" mode again. WTF isn't 19 months a bit young to give up naps???

Back to work tomorrow, boo. I have not felt good the past two days. Sneezing, runny nose, headache.....Blah...

Please share how you spent your long weekend....Was it as mundane as mine? Did you jump out of a plane? Start IVF process? Get a BFP????? Swim naked in a river? share.....

4 comments:

Chele76 said...

rolled down a mountain on two wheels and repeat until body gives out.

Oh, and I slept in a Wendy's parking lot. Hows that for random? lol

Possible allergies? I've been sneezing and coughing non-stop, but in my case I am positive its allergies.

kate said...

alone at home with my kids (N was working). so we jsut played outside in the bizarre (but lovely) early fall weather.

Melis.sa said...

i took a lot of naps this weekend. they were amazing.

Carrie Ann said...

Went to a wedding with my husband and stayed out with our friends afterwards til 3am. Haven't done that in forever. I also watched the entire Pillars of the Earth series with my husband and really enjoyed it - hanging with him and watching some adult TV!

Thanks so much for all your support with the speech therapy! I'm waiting for approval to be covered for it by the state (since our plan doesn't cover it).