WTF is with Fruit Flies anyway? I F*ing hate those things. Something you all should know about me....I hate flying insects. I spend hours chasing them just to kill them.....DIE DIE DIE!! I made T hang that creepy Fly sticky tape in the garage so I can look at my score! Seriously people, I disrupt meals, family gatherings, romantic moments to chase down a flying insect and KILL it!
But fruit flies (I guess it is really flies in general) creep me the F* out. I buy banana's their the Little critters are, I open a bottle of wine and BAM there they are, I attempt to make a dinner salad of our fresh organic veggies from the farmers market and they try to dive bomb my lettuce!
I have tried everything I can find online for combating them, yet nothing works. (right now I am drinking a glass of wine. And in between sips (gulps) I have a pad of paper covering the top of the glass to keep the F*ers out).
Today I put put 2 bowls of Apple Vinegar with a drop of dish soap and caught a whopping (hold your breath) 3....
Any suggestions? I could really use em cause I am about to resort to canned veggies and fruit in a minute.....
6 comments:
That's crazy about your fruit flies! I can't remember the last time I saw a fruit fly.
Now FLEAs. Fleas we can't get rid of this year, no matter what we do!!
glad to know that I'm not the only one going batty with those damned fruit flies. Makes me feel like I am not cleaning enough, but that totally cant be the case.
i too am battling fruit flies. lord i HATE those buggers. they've invaded our bird cage & it's freaking out both me & the poor birds. we left out a glass of juice & a glass of dish soap-y vinegar & caught a TON with the juice, & zero with the vinegar. other than that i'm jsut cleaning like a mad woman & counting down until the first frost. stupid bugs. luck to you in your fight!
OMG it's like the Year of the Fruit Fly! I thought at first it was just me but the more I talk about it, the more I realize it's an epidemic. LOL I might have to try that apple cider/soap dish trick. I HATE THEM!!!!
I am sooooo with you on the flying bugs. I DESPISE flying bugs!! I get the heebie jeebies from them. We actually were having an issue with fruit flys in our house and come to find out there was an old bag of bread had decomposed on the top of our refrigerator and a old sack of potatoes that was hiding in our pantry that were attracting them.
What worked for me was leaving the empty bottle of wine on the counter. They fly in and can't fly out. I've caught tons this way. Good luck!
Post a Comment