September 8, 2010

1st time parenting...

Here I thought I had this whole "Mommy" thing down....and then the kid gets a fever, a fever higher than a range I deem "ok" and I totally freak out! I get all confused and start acting stupid.

Her fever at bedtime last night got up to 103. We treated her with tylenol (generic) at 7pm, 11pm and then not again until 5:45 this morning. When I got up with her at 5:45 she was burning up again, although I could not tell you what her temp was cause T never turned off the thermometer and the battery died (WTF!). About an hour after her am dose I could feel her temp drop and her energy level increased slightly.

She is drinking well (an entire sippy of milk and about half of a cup of water) so far today. I think I'll try some "grazing" food wise today vs. sitting her down for a meal.

I was going to try the alternating of tylenol and advil today but the thought of it overwhelms me, and as it turns out, we never replaced the childrens advil after the big recall.

I am using my very last personal day today....now if I need time off I will need to take away from the 2 days I have scheduled off at Xmas....

4 comments:

Melis.sa said...

I hope her fever eases up and she gets back to normal soon. It's always so hard having a little one sick.

kate said...

i'm so sorry... poor little K! & poor mama... i hope you guys make it thru the day feeling better!

Danifred said...

I'm so sorry! Someone should write the perfect Mommy manual to get us through these moments!

Carrie Ann said...

Hope she gets better soon! I get crazy when the boys get high temps too - totally understandable.