September 26, 2010

Week (end) Roundup....

Random updates from our week:

  • I fell down the stairs on Tuesday (really just missed the bottom step), my left foot really swelled and now is just bruised but still hurts, mostly my 2nd to last toe hurts the most. Pretty sure I fractured it, but I didn't get it checked out.
  • I started my own meetup group and joined a couple others. I really am hoping to meet some other parents and kids for Little K to interact with.
  • I have been networking like crazy this week...trying really hard to get my name (and resume) out there in preparation for my job potentially (likely) being outsourced (again-2nd time in under a year!) in the next month.
  • Looking forward to getting my hair did Wed...and my teeth cleaned a couple hours later.
  • My MIL had knee replacement surgery last Monday, she is in a local rehab now. Little K is not an easy person to take there (wants to touch EVERYTHING!). There was a lady (probably in her 40's) (the following is probably not the politically correct way to put it - forgive me) that was proportionate from the waste up but below the waste was the size of a 2 year old. Little K went up to her and said "Hi!" and then proceeded to do little piggies to her toes! OMG humiliating......however the lady loved it! Little kids are so unaware that that is "different". I wish I had that innocence.....
  • Had a very busy weekend....took Little K to Gymnastics, out to lunch and to a local children's musem on Saturday, then home for a short nap and off to fireworks late Saturday night. Sunday we visited Granny at rehab and hit the grocery store. Then during nap time I started making food and freezing it for granny's home coming.....
  • I technically have a short week....working Mon, Thur and Fri in the office.. Tue home, Wed off, and on Thurs we are having a dept picnic so it is tech a half day.

Sorry for the mundane post, but I just drank an entire bottle of wine and watched the first episode of dexter (OMG it was awesome!), and well....I am am beat!

4 comments:

iiri said...

Hope you enjoyed the wine!

SOunds like a busyish week, and hope your foot feels better soon!

Melis.sa said...

delicious wine!
Sounds like a lovely weekend!
I hope the networking goes well and you find something!

Carrie Ann said...

My gosh I hope your foot gets better!!! Hope it heals quickly! Good luck with the play group and your job!! Only good things can come from putting yourself out there.

Anonymous said...

Oh man that sucks about your foot! I hope you are able to rest it with your busy schedule!